By Anonymous - 22/05/2009 18:39 - United States

Today, my company filed for bankruptcy, but the reorganize kind where it still functions. There are no funds to give out paychecks any time soon. They won't fire me. If I voluntarily quit, I cannot file for unemployment. I'm now an unpaid intern. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 006
You deserved it 2 982

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Actually, that is illegal (at least in my state). By law they are required to pay you, by the conditions outlined by your employment, for the work you have done for a week by the following Friday, if they can't pay you they have to terminate you.

You best start stealing as much crap as you can then, remember all the money is in Forks, no one wants spoons nowadays.

Comments

make them fire you. start doing rediculous things at work. like putting all the staplers in the freezer. think harmless but try not to get sued for anything.

11, i thought the money was in the pens these days? meh lol

If you steal or stop showing up, you can't get unemployment. Either id be a horrible worker late all the time so they fire me and I get unemployment. Or I'll just stop going. That sounds like its against the law. Wtf

Get an attorney dumbass... unless you were even more of a dumbass and signed a contract without a fixed salary/hourly wage. If you have a contract with a fixed pay, and they change it, they've broken the contract and you tell them they need to either continue paying you, or terminate the contract (fire you).

lawyer up, what they are doing is clearly illegal.

To people who say it's illegal: Note, "intern". If they were an intern then, they can be an unpaid intern now. Internships do NOT have to pay you; they are there to give you experience to put on your resume. If you stop showing up, it won't look great, but I'm sure they'll fire you so you can collect unemployment. Then, you just have to explain that you only stopped showing up because they stopped paying you.

Join the club! I'm an unpaid intern!

nobody can say OP deserved that at all.

the only reasonable thing to do in your situation is to sleep with your boss' wife to get back at him