By Anonymous - 22/05/2009 18:39 - United States

Today, my company filed for bankruptcy, but the reorganize kind where it still functions. There are no funds to give out paychecks any time soon. They won't fire me. If I voluntarily quit, I cannot file for unemployment. I'm now an unpaid intern. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 006
You deserved it 2 982

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Actually, that is illegal (at least in my state). By law they are required to pay you, by the conditions outlined by your employment, for the work you have done for a week by the following Friday, if they can't pay you they have to terminate you.

You best start stealing as much crap as you can then, remember all the money is in Forks, no one wants spoons nowadays.

Comments

Just get fired. I'm sure you can come up with something creative.

Ha it is so easy to get fired... show up in dirty/ casual clothes, Tell your boss to kiss you’re a$$... and if all else fails pull out the heavy hitter... Do a double Decker in the toilets (take a dump in the tank of the toilet and wait for someone else to flush) then tell the biggest gossiper in your work place... you’ll be fired in a matter of minutes.

lemony_music_grl 0

wow...................................**** your life.

LOL I love all these naive little kids saying "TEEHEE JUST FIND A NEW JOB 8D" Have you been living under a rock and failed to notice the state of the economy lately? If it were that easy I'm sure OP wouldn't have even posted this.

Pandora_NoBox 0
bbabyyxO 0

Why don't you just make them fire you by not showing up or doing everything wrong? If you're not getting paid, what's the point in going ?

SomeGuy1234 0

Why are people suggesting he sue them? Sueing a company that doesn't have money is like robbing a homeless person, sure you might succeed but are you really expecting to get anything out of it.

Stentor_fml 0

Yeah. Tell them you'll be back when they start paying you again.

Which means you have nothing to lose by quitting...

I'm sure the boss will get paid and the higher ups. That sucks man especially if you have kids and responsibilities like rent, etc. Hope everything works. Keep your head up and **** what these other idiots have to say.