By pinchy - 07/03/2011 03:00 - United States

Today, my boyfriend told me he was taking me out to eat to his favorite restaurant. He said I could order whatever I wanted and he'd pay for it. He took me to Red Lobster, knowing full well that I'm allergic to seafood. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 974
You deserved it 4 638

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kefka91 15

I s'pose this is a bad time to tell you that he also has crabs then... fyl

Comments

perdix 29

You have no self-esteem and/or he's a cheap bastard if it needs to be mentioned that you can order what you want and he'll pay of it -- that's how a ******* date works! Are you going to get all excited and impressed if he blesses you after you sneeze? It's just a common courtesy. Get three desserts and several piña coladas and daiquiris just to make sure he shells out plenty of clams. Then, throw them up in his car later.

sourgirl101 28

They have other things on the menu other than seafood. Would you rather him not have taken you at all?

You have got to freaking be kidding. No way that OP should be thankful her took her out! WTH that's what boyfriends do, they take their girlfriends on dates.

When you're allergic to shellfish, you can't touch it, be around it nor touch others that have consumed it. One cannot exactly just go there on a date while allergic to everything surrounding. I've tried... doesn't work.

sourgirl101 28

My husband is allergic to shellfish (but can eat regular fish) He never had a problem coming with me to a seafood restaurant. We just need to be careful with whats on his plate.

I work at a red lobster they are EXTREMELY sensitive toward allergies. Also, every persons level of allergy is different we have multiple people that work there with seafood allergies, it's not like looking at a crab will kill you. you have to touch or eat it.

2010smhill2010 0

Nano33, my grandmother is allergic to seafood and the smell of the seafood that is being cooked makes her sick.

So then order steak or chicken and fries or veggies and specifically make it known you are allergic to seafood and get lots of drink also there are desserts (nit cooked with seafood) and dont let anyone touch u or your food until they have washed there hands make sure ur bf take a hot soapy bath n brush his teeth b4 any contact lol just be careful an tell otger to be as well!!!

kingtz 6

Just order a bunch of drinks to make it really expensive. Then dump him for being an asshole.

krazy_glu3 0

I hate seafood. when i was younger and my family went there do what I did, order the baked potato. oh an don't let them tell you they don't have bacon bits, cause they are lying!! and eat plenty of those cheese garlic biscuits. other than that, I think it's kinda funny. haha. laugh it off. not EVERYTHING is seafood. there ARE stuff to eat,.

TaTaTanyaHo 5

#29 I don't like seafood cause I always picture it alive swimming in poopy filled water. Also the smell, it just doesn't rub me the right way.

krazy_glu3 0

DemonNinja - damn it, I put that the first time.. but when I said it in my mind, and put the emphasis on IS, it just didn't sound right, my bad! I know a lot of people who don't like seafood. plus it's smelly haha

#63-Yet you're happy to eat chicken which has spent its life in a tiny cage covered in its own shit surrounded by thousands of other chickens? Logical...

This isn't about whether or not OP likes seafood, she may love it, but she's *allergic*, can't eat it, there's no choice involved in it. Sorry, OP! If it's his favourite, compromise, eat what you can, then take him to your favourite. Seems retarded of him to treat YOU at HIS fave place though lol >.<

Darth_Taco 14

You know that when he eats shellfish you can't have any contact with him for a few days (thought you can extend that to say, a month) because his saliva, sweat, and semen now contain the proteins that cause your allergies. Pull that on him next time he tries this shit on you. Well, assuming you haven't already dumped him.

I would have ordered everything then sit there as he wept over all of the uneaten food and money spent on said food. Bonus points if you dump him and walk out so he can't put the bill on you.

This is your chance to drag him off to the bathrooms, spread your legs and tell him he can eat the fish that's on offer.

rockwubsrollXD 6

If he's your boyfriend, shouldn't you have known what his favorite restraunt was??

rockwubsrollXD 6

If he's your boyfriend, shouldn't you have known what his favorite restraunt was??