By pinchy - 07/03/2011 03:00 - United States

Today, my boyfriend told me he was taking me out to eat to his favorite restaurant. He said I could order whatever I wanted and he'd pay for it. He took me to Red Lobster, knowing full well that I'm allergic to seafood. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 975
You deserved it 4 638

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kefka91 15

I s'pose this is a bad time to tell you that he also has crabs then... fyl

Comments

rockwubsrollXD 6

Shouldn't you have known your boyfriend's favorite restraunt??

RockstarRN 10

Then tell him you'll eat anywhere you want that your not allergic with his best friend.

He'll buy you however many free cheese biscuits you want!

cambanesca 0

I can't stand seafood either but everyone else in my family loves it! I always get the steak and baked potato and yes, the rolls!! yummy!! oh, and the chocolate chip cookie meltdown! Sooo good!

She didn't say she can't stand it... She's allergic-.-..

CeeCee_fml 16

That's like the exact same thing I always order, lol Their biscuits and that chocolate chip cookie is the business.

I'm allergic to seafood as well so I know how much of a bitch it can be...especially when u go out to places..FYL

MonsterInside 0

Well red lobster has steaks and chicken so you wont starve, and also the free cheexy garlic bread rolls. YLS still though cuz he took you to some place where your highly allergic

Why is everyone calling the boyfriend a jerk for wanting to dine at his favorite restaurant every now and then? Should his girlfriend's whims control his life now? Didn't you notice the part where he's clearly making up for taking her to a seafood place by offering to pay for everything? Surely Red Lobster has more than just seafood.

He's a jerk because he obviously knew she was allergic to seafood thus not going to be ordering the most expensive food creating the end result of him probably paying for the price of one rather than two.

So he's a jerk because he doesn't have to pay for the most expensive thing on the menu? In that case I'd say the girl was a jerk for expecting to get the most expensive thing on the menu, thus taking advantage of the boyfriend's offer.

No, he's a jerk for taking her to a place where she's allergic to almost everything on the menu. Yes, Red Lobster has other items, but if the OP is allergic to seafood, she might not even be able to be around it. Lots of people have food allergies that don't even let them SMELL the type of food they're allergic too. Also, those other menu items are not cooked in separate kitchens and could very well be contaminated. If the OP was to tell the waitress she was allergic, they would have to clean the whole kitchen and probably only cook her meal before they could get to someone else's. The OP's boyfriend is a jerk for not considering this. It is nice that he wanted to take her out to his favourite restaurant, but he should have considered that she could have a reaction just being there.

seriously? she can sit through a meal without eating for him. it's not like it's season tickets to his favorite football team or something. and I'm sure he knows how allergic she is and knew she could eat something there. this is just not that horrific.

93 - You are assuming the boyfriend had bad intentions. Seriously? What, do you really think he intended to kill his girlfriend by having an allergy? So she tells him she can't even be near seafood and that's it, the guy made the mistake of assuming she could and he can now learn from that mistake - he can just eat his favorite food later with someone else. I think it's more obvious to assume he had good intentions, seeing as he offered beforehand to pay for her food. OP's boyfriend might have had a serious lapse of judgement, but he is most definitely not a jerk for it.

"Guys have a bad memory"????? I have NEVER seen a study proving that there is a correlation between memory span and gender.

I'm not a seafood person so I can sort of relate. Tell him he's an asshole and order the most expensive thing you can eat and dessert.

misa08 0

umm they also serve chicken k so dnt say ur life was FML