By Anonymous - 31/10/2009 16:47 - United States

Today, my boyfriend proposed to me in a 24-hour taco shop, while he was wearing a tee-shirt that says "F*** Me I'm Famous." FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 044
You deserved it 9 534

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

24-hour taco shop? Is that what he calls your ******?

You're complaining that your boyfriend proposed to you?

Comments

First? Idk. Anyway, your pretty materialistic. As long as he loves you, i dont see the problemo. Dont fret about wedding or picture-perfect proposals. your life will be full of stress

i dont see y ppl have fmls about proposals y does it matter as long as there is love?

Hell yes, #58! Of course it matters. Women appreciate a little romance, a little thoughtfulness. He could have put SOME care into his proposal. A proposal doesn't always have to be over a candle-lit dinner with the 4-karat ring hidden in the cake, but he could at least take her for a walk on the beach or something. Is she such a bad person for wanting him to set the mood for such an important question? Presentation makes a world of difference. Typical male, wanting to put in as little effort as possible.

Today I spent 13 seconds of my life reading the shittiest FML ever. FML. And 66 something tells me your a Twilight fan. O_o

Edit: #66 is a Feminazi!!! Targets: Anything with a penis. Or an IQ of over 3. Typical Feminazi :P

just like every female in existence, you will want your wedding to be exactly what you want, scream if you don't get it, and expect the most expensive ring in the store. You will then blame sexism on the fact that everyone thinks your a bitch

#81: Something tells me you'll never get married O_o. Hope not. Your poor girlfriend, being proposed to during a commercial break with a "Wanna get hitched?" instead of a ring. And for your information, I haven't even read Twilight.

If I'm targeting everything with a penis, I can't be targeting anything with an IQ over 3, now can I be?

quarty165 0

guys, give #88 a break. While it is true that as long as there is love it shouldn't matter, the fact that he proposed at a taco place makes one wonder how much he really cares, hence how much love there really is. I think that's the concern. If he's really poor and can't afford anything else, they probably don't go out much and it can still be special. But it seems more like it was a thought between bites of taco.

Way to be a total jackass #66. "Typical male, wanting to put in as little effort as possible." Way to be a sexist prick.

"wahhhh my boyfriend proposed to me but it wasn't the way I wanted it so I'm gonna cry about it on FML!" Seriously, do you want some cheese for that whine?

And FYI, #66 something tells me that your an ugly shebeast living with your mother and since your so damn hideous when someone lays eyes on you they scream" LORD HAVE MERCY" You take your feelings of lonesomeness and become an antidude shetroll. Btw I have a girlfriend who isn't a pissed off feminazi. :/ Before I go The only thing you can target with a penis and an IQ less than 3 is you.

kamikazemelonman 0

I have a feeling 91 hates all men because they have never cared (And never will care) about her. Mainly because she is probably a bitchy, ugly person, but also because of these hateful feelings. She will probably never get married, and she is full of hatred instead of trying to fix herself. And the OP needs to remember what is important in life. I mean damn, he just proposed to you and all you think about is how it could be better.

kamikazemelonman 0

And 93, seriously? You have never just felt spontatneous before? Sometimes you just know man, maybe this guy isnt into planning for weeks about how to propose, but cares about her so much, he just wants to propose as quick as possible. Really, a large part of life is split second decisions, but the fact that this lady put her proposal on FML worries me. For the guy.

Well that "typical male" comment is a lil sexist and offensive Oo

**** Me, I'm Famous is a club night at Pacha in Ibiza which David Guetta is the resident DJ. So its not him being a dick, its him having impecible taste in club nights.

geetface 0

#81 I have a penis and an IQ of 133. Although my penis may be small, my huge testicles certainly make up for it.

jellyrcw11 10

no, that's not a feminazi. That's just a regular woman who has expectations. I mean seriously, that kind of proposal is not exactly something you'd scream "Yes!" at the top of your lungs at unless you have like no standards.

well at least he's famous jk sucks for u

RC4524 0

And 120, I'm sure 91 was making a funny. some folks do have a sense of humor ya know.

tbj42409 0

um it does matter where a proposal is placed at. he obviously didn't think to hard on it and probably didn't think at all. I don't think he should be getting married since there is no obvious sign of maturity. you have to think marriage through if you want to stay with one person your entire life, and that starts with the proposal.

I actually agreed with the feminazi until I found out it was a sexist. woah.

ladybuggirl1234 3

ummm no. im a girl and i wouldnt do that :P i dont wamt an expensive ring. i am not going to expect stuff

Deadinsidelivelyoutside 9

You're pretty basic lol, it's not materialistic to actually want someone to be romantic, it was rushed and braisen, maybe he ment well but sucks at timing

Rhaegar 0

My question is: Why were you even dating this person in the first place?

americayay 0

Thank you. If she doesn't want to be with someone like that, she shouldn't. OP: I hope you said no.

Why? Because he proposed to her in an atypical way? So the **** what if it wasn't at a five-star restaurant with candlesticks and a ******* grand piano playing in the background? Isn't the fact that he cares enough for her to propose enough? If OP said no then she's a selfish bitch and the guy would be lucky not to hitch himself up to such a needy woman.

BECAUSE HE IS FAMOUS!!!!!! Just look at his shirt!!!

what was he supposed to wear? the president's fu*king tuxedo?

You're complaining that your boyfriend proposed to you?

testing_fml 0

Seriously. WTF is wrong with you? It wasn't a good enough proposal, so F your life? Grow up!

Deadinsidelivelyoutside 9

No she is complaining he made sweet **** all effort in doing so, if he made an effort she wouldn't be here saying so

perdix 29

24-hour taco shop? Is that what he calls your ******?

wrestling49 0

AHAHAHAHHAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH freaking hillarious!!!

haha yeea but i think they're called 24-hour pink taco shop

You totally are plexico. Or at least... a reincarnate of plexico.

LMAO!! :D whose plexico? OP: lol. its the thought that counts. did u say yes? :)

shibainu519 0

plexico is perdix's old username.

I would rather go for an honest and understanding guy proposing me in this scenario than an asshole who dressed up for the occassion n spent tons of money on it, but cheated on me later. If the only reason you are considering this an fml is because of the way he was dressed n the location, seriously, get real, you shld be glad that you got a proposal and learn to appreciate the feelings behind the gesture. If this guy is a jerk or a bad choice then it makes sense that its an fml

They are, guys just come in with their preconceived notions and overlook it. We shouldn't have to tell you to stop treating us like girls and handling us with kid gloves or lying to us about why you are late ect.

I don't see the FML here. I LOVE INTOXICUNT!! :)

If you really love her, you'll find out where she lives and show up at her house to tell her in person. Otherwise, you're just all talk and no action.

I love you too? Just don't be like mistercoffee. Also, I wouldn't advise showing up at my house uninvited. I live in Tennessee, where we shoot every living thing on our property.

ISellHerbs 0

We don't shoot people for being on our property in our part of Tennessee. Interesting.

It was a joke. But it wasn't a huge exaggeration. People get killed or hurt all the time in Tennessee for stupid reasons. The stereotype isn't that far from true.

stupidmonkey80 0

59- Kind of ironic since your pic is of dudes with guns.

piddly_03 0

i dont really see the FML here... at least you have a humorous story to tell at the wedding, because the picture in my head is really funny.

Hey, at least he cares enough to propose, and it will be a funny story to tell later.

dipshit he obviously doesnt care if he isnt proposing in a nice restaurant, not a ******* taco shop idiot.

Who says you don't care if you don't propose in a nice restaurant? I certainly wasn't proposed to in a nice restaurant, and I know my husband loves me very much.

Dipshit, he obviously DOES care if he proposed to begin with.

Funny story to tell later huh? Who are they gonna tell, their neighbors at the trailer park? Because that's the only kind people I can imagine doing this

So did you say yes? Or did you just buy a taco?