By Anonymous - 22/10/2010 15:03 - United States

Today, my boyfriend of three months told me that he had cheated on me two months ago with my best friend. I decided to give him a second chance. About twenty minutes later, he then broke up with me for not wanting to watch football. Apparently I don't care about his feelings. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 794
You deserved it 12 995

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He'd already cheated on you when you'd been going out for only a month and you actually think it won't happen again?!? How can girls be so naive?

FYLDeep 25

Maybe he was making shit up to get out of the relationship.

Comments

I kinda get how this is an FML. But think about it, you haven't even been dating that long. It shouldn't affect you that much. AND he cheated on you. I'd be glad to be shot of him. It's probably for the best.

OP deserved it. Football > Human feelings. Next time keep your mouth shut, make sammiches, and watch the game!

Seems like he told you about his infidelity as an excuse to be rid of you, and when you didn't dump him, he made up a reason to dump you.

CoachLlama 5

You nailed it honesty4u. Also, guess who her best friend is probably dating now.

I can't conceive of a situation where anyone who cheats after one month, or even three, would be worth a second shot. It's one thing to forgive a partner's cheating after spending years with them. I can sympathize with a couple wanting to work through it and forgive at that point, even if I might not do the same in their situation. But really, what have you invested after three months of dating that would be worth the long road of recovering trust, rebuilding communication, etc? The only justification I can come up with is a fear of being alone or very low levels of self-esteem and self-respect. If either one's the case here, OP has no business building a relationship with an SO until she's a healthier person herself.

Very well put! I do so enjoy your comments!

Spot on, IrishJane. Took the thoughts right out of my mind. Cheating with the bff after 4 freaking weeks? How do you just sit down in front of a television with this person?

gusgus36 5

what a douchebag!! I'm sorry OP, that really sucks. but clearly he's a loser and I'm sure you can find someone way better

I think he wanted you to break up with him for cheating, so when you didn't he used football as an excuse and improvised lol

sounds like he wanted you to break up with him, & when you didn't he just found a dumb excuse.