By Alright. - 24/09/2012 08:15 - United States - Missoula

Today, my boyfriend broke up with me because he says, "There's too much of an age gap between us" and that it makes him "feel like a pedophile". He's only four months older than I am. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 144
You deserved it 2 087

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Is he a year old and you're eight months old? After that, the 4 month age difference should be acceptable.

Sunako_fml 9

Terrible excuse. You deserve someone better!

Comments

Kyle225 3

Some people just come up with the dumbest excuses -__-

noisebox 1

It wasn't even puppy love. Talk about ultra lame cover up story breakup excuses...

Tell him that you agree with him, and you no longer want to date an immature douchebag.

If being 4 months older makes him look like a pedo, then I don't know what my boyfriend looks like seeing he's 9 years older than me.

I'm wondering if it's bad that the only reason I find this okay is because you are already twenty-one.

Yeah, but there are times where he's always telling me he feels a bit too old around me just because I have more energy than he does when it comes to having to run around places with my Sunday School kids. XD

My bloke is 12 years older than me and we don't find it an issue at all.

spiritfang11237 16

My boyfriend is 5 years older than me.

I'm 26 and boyfriend turns 41 next month. :) We're doing just fine.

My man is 17 years older than I am. Sometimes people find it weird, but it never was a problem to us :)

My grandpa was 13 years older than my grandma

flutter4 7

Let him go. He does not seem worth your time if he has excuses like that.

1R1X0X0 10

Lol my boyfriend is 4 years older :)

My gf is three younger :3 But she asked me out anyway

flutter4 7

I'm 3 years older than my husband

jem970 19

Tell him that's ok, you were feeling awkward and uncomfortable with the intelligence gap -_- if he thinks you are stupid enough to believe that obviously fake reason for breaking up then you deserve someone with a higher I.Q.

that sucks. but i do know a few people here, as I am from Montana as well that are that way. leave his a$$ behind and find someone that will not make up bull shit stories. was probably cheating on you and needed a quick excuse to dump you.

Have you considered the possibility that he lied that he was just four months older than you?

Ridiculous. If I were him, I'd feel a lot more stupid giving that excuse instead of being truthful about the break-up reason..