What were you thinking?

By Anonymous - 09/04/2023 15:00

Today, my boyfriend of 4 months broke up with me, saying things are moving "too fast". All I did was tell my 3 year-old that my boyfriend's parents are his new grandma and grandpa. FML
I agree, your life sucks 141
You deserved it 3 393

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ummm because it was wayyyy to soon for that and also highly inappropriate to tell that to a three year old child this soon into a relationship, now if he had just proposed to you and you guys have been dating for say 4 years and not 4 months that would be different.But you being on FML whining about it gives off serious clinger and crazy vibes ,might be time to seek some therapy for the sake of your child's future.

As a single dad with a girlfriend of a little less than a year, I can say this - you should have had that conversation with your boyfriend first.

Comments

Ummm because it was wayyyy to soon for that and also highly inappropriate to tell that to a three year old child this soon into a relationship, now if he had just proposed to you and you guys have been dating for say 4 years and not 4 months that would be different.But you being on FML whining about it gives off serious clinger and crazy vibes ,might be time to seek some therapy for the sake of your child's future.

As a single dad with a girlfriend of a little less than a year, I can say this - you should have had that conversation with your boyfriend first.

Uhhhhhhhhh- it is too fast for that.

all I did was imply that we are permanently together and your family is my family?? what's that problem?!?? 🙄

It's too fast if there was a future with this guy. But, as we learned earlier, "single moms are for recreational purposes only."

holy shit that was way too soon!! I would have ran too. at 4 months you're still just casual. they are not the grandparents, that implies a long term serious commitment

Girl, you gotta slow your roll. That is WAY too fast.

Damn girl! You are definitely a special kind of stupid.... and desperate.

"All you did" was enough for you to have another EX. Next time, do talk to them first.