By Anonymous - 01/02/2015 10:21 - United States

Today, my boss explained that the company will be letting me go. She got so upset that she couldn't leave her office and I had to console her. I had to make her feel less sad for laying me off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 042
You deserved it 2 696

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well then you must be a great employee OP. Hopefully you won't have much trouble getting a new job with a good recommendation

You're a good person OP. Sounds like you'll have a good reference at least.

Comments

Well then you must be a great employee OP. Hopefully you won't have much trouble getting a new job with a good recommendation

A boss who cares. Never heard that one before... it's hilarious!

Nah, it means not all bosses are stereotypical assholes and that some do actually care about their employees.

most aren't assholes. they normally just chose the one who can do it best. those can put feelings aside and do what's best for the company. and then there are those that give orders to others to lay someone off. Those people mostly just see numbers instead of people. good luck OP.

vikingchick 22

sorry about being laid off OP, and looks like her hormones are all over the place...

randomguy76 14

It was never part of her "job". OP just isn't an asshole and seems to be very good with people. Kindness and good intentions aside, had OP left the boss to mourn alone it might have burned a very important bridge.

Thanks. Thanks for pointing that out. When she said "laid off" I just thought that was a promotion!

You're a good person OP. Sounds like you'll have a good reference at least.

It might not have been her decision. There's also always the possibility of a discrepancy between you as a person vs. you as an employee. Anyway, sorry you got let go. Here's wishing you the best of luck in finding a new job.

ndnpride88 25

Well then you should definitely get a good reference from your boss. Good luck op

ToxicMoo33 18

I hope you find another job soon! You're a good person.