The blame game

By unemployed - 20/04/2013 00:16 - El Salvador - San Salvador

Today, my boss made me give a presentation to several senior company officials about the serious financial losses our division has made this year. Barely an hour later, my boss had palmed all the blame off onto me and gotten me fired. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 907
You deserved it 3 383

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He isn't fit to be a boss, if he can't take responsibility for his own failures, he's going to get fired sooner or later.

I'm sorry OP. If they sign your payroll, you are basically their bitch it seems. I hope you find work soon.

Comments

I'm sorry OP. If they sign your payroll, you are basically their bitch it seems. I hope you find work soon.

Roskosity 22

Money is so horribly necessary.

Maybe they'll catch on when the next assistant gets blamed too.

Damian95 16

If he's your ex boss it just proves shit floats. Try not to worry bout it too much. I'm sure there is a job where you'll find more respect.

You should have yelled out "you can't fire me, I QUIT!"

Link5794 18

You can't quit, you need two weeks' notice before you can quit!

#26- Two weeks notice isn't necessary, people are allowed to quit on the spot. However, it looks bad for any future employment opportunities.

Not to mention quitting ruins any chance of collecting unemployment.

He isn't fit to be a boss, if he can't take responsibility for his own failures, he's going to get fired sooner or later.

Yeah, the boss is going to fire himself...

perdix 29

#4, aw, that's so cute! Throwing flunkeys under the bus is what they teach you in business school.

#4 clearly you've never read Dilbert. PHB syndrome is an epidemic

oj101 33

You'll find that most bosses all have one skill in common. They can bluff, and make themselves look good regardless of merit at the expense of someone else. Unfortunately, if you want to climb up the corporate ladder, chances are that you'll have to do the same. Play against your boss at his own game discreetly.

How? He got fired. If they believe the losses are his fault they won't re-hire him meaning he has no chance.

perdix 29

Like a BAWS! That's what it takes to be successful in business -- take the credit when good things happen and blame your subordinates for the failures. If this seems "wrong" or "unethical" to you, you'll always be a bottom-level cube monkey . . . like me.

I doubt it'll provide any solace but if he's going to act like a coward like that, sooner or later his tactics won't work and he'll get fired. He won't prosper. Good luck OP, hang in there!

Eventually he'll find his match and get fired too.

Just remember... What comes around goes around. He'll get his OP.

I thought that phrase was the other way around. Must be an east/west coast thing.

Link5794 18

I thought the phrase was the other way around. Must be a west/east coast thing.

daydreamer244 13

Psh! you should've thrown your hands in the air, yelled, "**** y'all bitches I'm out!!" and walked out of there.