By Anonymous - 01/02/2015 10:21 - United States

Today, my boss explained that the company will be letting me go. She got so upset that she couldn't leave her office and I had to console her. I had to make her feel less sad for laying me off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 045
You deserved it 2 696

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well then you must be a great employee OP. Hopefully you won't have much trouble getting a new job with a good recommendation

You're a good person OP. Sounds like you'll have a good reference at least.

Comments

born_hustla 26

That's messed up, you must be a great asset...or she played you well. She better write you a kick ass letter of recommendation.

Oh my god so I am not alone. I totally had a boss do this. The owners of the company were ******* up the whole company and she had to lay off two training classes full of people who really needed this job she ended up breaking down while laying us off. A month later the whole company closed it's doors I hope she was okay.

reverse psychology...she's evil. sucks for you though Op hope your alright and good luck

gintwinsmoore 20

age-old trick some managers use to keep from getting their asses kicked during the lay off process...

Your immediate boss usually isn't the one who makes the decision to lay you off, she's probably truly upset that you're leaving.

Well, at least you know she was really sad about it. Better than an asshole boss doing it right?

"Now now, look at me I'm not sad, I get it, you found someone better for my job. Could you at least tell my future employers how great I am?"

She must've really cared about you, OP. It's really sweet of you to comfort her even though you must've been upset about being laid off. Maybe you can ask her to give you a recommendation so that you're more likely to be hired in the future.