By Fido - 06/06/2016 11:58 - United States

Today, my 3-year-old girl accidentally caught sight of me stepping out of the shower. Now she thinks "daddy has a tail" and she just has to let everyone know about it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 480
You deserved it 1 540

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hey, at least your child thinks it's long enough to be considered a "tail".

NoThanks999 19

Tell her only mommy can see the tail ;)

Comments

Don't sweat it. My daughter caught the same sight once when she was 15-16 months. She pointed and said "papa's tail". It lasted a few weeks when she would mention it, but she soon forgot all about it :)

big difference in a 15 month old and a 3 year old

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I read that as 15-16 years and was extremely bothered for a second lol

Hey, at least your child thinks it's long enough to be considered a "tail".

"And that, Lucy, is what we call a bob tail."

Perhaps it's just furry and comes to a point.

tantanpanda 26

At least tell the daughter to say she saw a long tail. There's a bright side to everything... kinda.

MikaykayUnicorn 36

My dog has a teeny tiny nub for a tail, so small you wouldn't really consider it a tail, but little kids always comment on his tail. It doesn't have to be long to be a tail to kids.

NoThanks999 19

Tell her only mommy can see the tail ;)

Little kids don't see their parents naked anymore? Seems a perfectly normal thing to happen in family life / changing rooms etc?

Mathalamus 24

Since when was it considered normal?

I'd be very uncomfortable changing in front of my family

#6 it is normal here, we don't have such taboos on the bodies so it's normal. you'll see people changing next to the pools and seaside etc. nothing gross or overt, but also not shameful and secret.

also little children/babies often shower with their parents probably you too

Sir_Cow 17

I took showers with my mom a lot when I was younger.

Yeah, my first thought was about how come she doesn't know it's simply her dads private parts? I understand that it can be confusing for them, since they're different, but even my little girl understands that everyone has private parts.

Well, it was normal in my day for kids to see their parents naked until the kid reached a certain age, like maybe around 6 years old?

Lots of Americans are very self-conscious and think its homophobic, weird, or gross. At least until they're 50, when it's actually gross

Why not just explain that you don't have a tail and that boys and girls are different? You don't have to go into the same detail as you would an older child. I always figured that if my kids were old enough to ask a question, then they were old enough for an age appropriate response. It helps if you have pets or know someone who does just to point out that girls and boys have different bits.

I wish my parents actually explained the difference when I was younger instead of handing me a book on the topic of the human reproductive system at the age of 12. It might've been less horrifying.

I wish more parents would think like this and use the situation as an educational moment instead of making it taboo.

My parents didn't even do that. I learned all that stuff from school

My family didn't explain anything too. What's worse was back then, my school teacher (being bashful about the subject) tended to skip through multiple pages for us to read by ourselves. For years, I thought a woman's period lasted 3 to 4 hours each time, and I was too afraid to ask how they plugged it up before being bled dry.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

At least she didn't ask why the tail is in front.

Aww how cute, I thought a similar thing when I was little and thought they were like backwards tails. Bless her.