By igiveup - 21/12/2012 03:31 - Australia - Sydney

Today, it's my wedding anniversary; my husband forgot. My daughter gave me two beautiful long stem roses and said she would look after her sister while we went out to celebrate. My daughter is more romantic and thoughtful than my own husband. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 007
You deserved it 3 920

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is the future of "It's really windy out" guy. You shouldn't have kept pushing for marriage! Anyway, at least the world didn't end, so that's all good.

Since he's forgetful you should remind him by telling him you are going out with the daughter who remembered your anniversary and leaving him home to watch the little one.

Comments

Spite of this, be happy about it. You've raised fine children :)

Ah, one of the many joys of growing old together.

in twenty years your daughter will be in your shoes. I'm sure he has loads of other lovable sides, since you got married and everything :)

1dvs_bstd 41

Why is it always the man who has to be romantic on anniversaries? He forgot, you remembered, do it.

Totally agree with you. Also she said its "her" anny, not "our" anny. I bet that has a lot to do with it too. My man doesn't remember my events & I don't remember his. We both remember ours and we both remind the other of our own events. It takes two to manage a fulfilling relationship.

barefootchic 6

It sounds sexist, but in general women have a better head for dates and anniversaries of special events. Try getting him a calendar and helping him write in important things. Meanwhile, remember he's still the man you love, even if he did make an insulting mistake.

"Today it's * my * wedding anniversary"? Not your husband's? I'm confused here...

No it's not his, just hers, all alone, hence he forgot!

Mearemoi 14

And I think you are overthinking it. Is it too hard to think maybe OP did not think of doing it at the moment she wrote the FML? It's not like it's only her husband's either.

CharresBarkrey 15

You're really nitpicking here. She wrote "my" because she wrote the FML herself.

YDI, if you want a big deal made, you should give him a heads up.

Sorry OP... He's going to feel horrible when he finally remembers or is told... I m sure he is going to grovel and make it up to you. Or maybe he has a surprise planned... You never know. P.S: You have a lovely daughter. You must be a proud mommy. :)