By condiments - 22/02/2010 21:13 - United States

Today, I went shopping with my mother, when someone snuck a pack of condoms into our cart while our backs were turned. When we got to the register, my mom, whose wealth makes me ineligible for financial aid, noticed the condoms and she announced that she wasn't paying for the college I got accepted to next year because she doesn't want a promiscuous daughter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 136
You deserved it 3 061

Same thing different taste

Top comments

metalmusic 0

If your mom has such wealth, she should know what happens at college, regardless of the campus. :p

That really, really sucks OP. My EFC is too high for me to receive any help either even though we're HORRIBLY in debt and so can't put any money at all towards my college. There are ways to appeal, I would contact your school's financial aid office and explain that while your parents may be wealthy they are not helping with college at all. I'm sure they'll know what to do, you can't be the first.

Comments

Can't you just apply for financial aid as an independent? Then you won't even have to report your parents' wealth.

mdmdt 0

No you can't, not unless you are: a parent, legally emancipated, in the military, married, over 23 or a number of other things this person likely is not. I can tell you from personal experience that the FSA doesn't give a **** otherwise, even if you tell them mommy won't help. So join the club, kid, and enjoy the loans. It might be worth getting knocked up just for all the aid you'll get (not that I've considered it...)

malafacaeous 0

I so ****** agree with 58 had the same dance with the fsa and lost. And yeah we condone having bastard children here in the great ole US-ofA. Then you wonder why there are so many wards of the state and why we as a whole are so damn lazy. Damn folks wake up!!!

mansen 15

at least you can get a student loan. My common law husband in the eyes of the government makes too much money to make me eligible for a student loan. Not taking into account that we pay a mortgage, bills, debts, raising a kid. Nope sorry, on our own, damn ***holes. We actually can't afford for me to go to college once all bills etc are paid at end of month and some money put into savings in case something happens. Buuuut I'll get there dammit.

perdix 29

Emancipation is difficult. Back in my day, it meant you couldn't stay at your parents' house for more than 42 days in a given year. The stripper thing would be much easier. If she did a little whoring on the side, books and fees would also be taken care of.

Demetra_fml 0

O blessed day! Now you are eligible for financial aid!

prettybrwneyes16 0

you can sign up as an independent.

tlnewman10 0

haha who ever did it really didnt want u to go to college.... or maybe ur mom put them in there and didnt want u to know:)))))) hmm maybe mom had sone plans

eastside09 0

haha thts halorious I'm deff.tryin tht

eastside09 0

you can still get finanacial aid. your parents money is not "your" money. it's based on what "you" make.

boatkicker 4

No, it's not. It's based on what your parents make, regardless of whether or not they are actually helping.

EllyH 0

Ok this sucks! So this means you have to pay for it yourself.. What I find alittle strange is that some parents seem to belive that if there are no protection around, there are no sex either.. wich is not always the case... (even if you would like to think so)