By condiments - 22/02/2010 21:13 - United States

Today, I went shopping with my mother, when someone snuck a pack of condoms into our cart while our backs were turned. When we got to the register, my mom, whose wealth makes me ineligible for financial aid, noticed the condoms and she announced that she wasn't paying for the college I got accepted to next year because she doesn't want a promiscuous daughter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 136
You deserved it 3 061

Same thing different taste

Top comments

metalmusic 0

If your mom has such wealth, she should know what happens at college, regardless of the campus. :p

That really, really sucks OP. My EFC is too high for me to receive any help either even though we're HORRIBLY in debt and so can't put any money at all towards my college. There are ways to appeal, I would contact your school's financial aid office and explain that while your parents may be wealthy they are not helping with college at all. I'm sure they'll know what to do, you can't be the first.

Comments

Just update your FAFSA. There are obviously special circumstances as a result of which you can become "independent" and claim your "Expected Family Contribution" to be $0. Yay?

mdmdt 0

It doesn't work like that, otherwise every rich kid whose parents could but didn't feel like paying for college would do it and make the government foot the bill for their education. You need to meet a lot of very specific criteria and provide a lot of proof in order to qualify as independent for the FAFSA, and even then they make you fight for it.

dont go to college then, that'll teach that bitch of a mother a lesson these days jobs are based on personality and exp anyways

2bobbybowdens 0

Next time try leaving a trail of tomato juice up the "feminine products" aisle

ok, if you're about to go into college, then you're roughly 17-18 right? I can name plenty of girls who had sex in those years. What foes you're mother expect you to be a virgin forever? I understand it was someone else, but regardless, you're an adult, going to college, and are capable of making your own decisisions. Anyway yes FYL because your mom was looking for a reason not to pay to college.

you don't have to be wealthy to not be eligible for financial aid

i can see what your mother is getting at. i wouldn't want to spend multiple thousands of dollars so someone could waste all their time ******* strangers and fail out of their classes. BUT that's jumping from A to C without making the A=B & B=C connections (which happens when you don't trust someone... don't know who's fault that is). here's my suggestion: 1. get a job, possibly even during a few school hours (**** doing well in high school anymore, you made it, just don't drop below any conditional acceptance requirements), if you don't have enough by the end of the summer, take loans like a ************ (you're ****** financially for the next ten years of your life as a student anyway). 2. do half a semester at this college. 3. secure your status as a student at that school, that way you can finish your courses later instead of missing the boat completely. At this point you can relax a little. Just as long as you can find work in the current shit-hole economy, you can work a semester + a summer + any additional time you need to pay a ridiculous tuition, and do one semester. don't let your mother's estrogenfest kill your best chance at doing what you want for a living. besides, if they're any kind of decent, your parents will help you out eventually. your situation still sucks, HARD... you've basically been put at the bottom of the socio-economic pyramid (one step above immigrants... at least you speak the right language AND have citizenship).

OP your full of crap. Why would someone sneak condoms into your shopping cart?

Because it's on the list of 'Things to do at walmart' Your full of crap because you have no imagination or mischevious thoughts ;)

She probably put them in herself to avoid having to pay.