By Colby - 15/11/2013 16:59 - Canada - Saint John

Today, I watched my mother tell a man that the holocaust was "a good thing" and "necessary for population control". That man was my girlfriend's father. Who is Jewish. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 600
You deserved it 3 762

Same thing different taste

Top comments

XBurytheCastleX 25

So, torturing and murder is population control? Inconsoderate.

What is your solution then? You can't temper people into population control, most countries wouldn't follow suit. Brazil, India, and much of Africa is unfettered in that regard. Even the Chinese tried. That "1-child act" was good on paper, until it turned out most parents were choosing boys. Now China gets to have a male to female ratio crisis in the next decade. Unless people lose their empathy, fall into a global war, or are willing to live under strict lifestyle rules, population control will never occur.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

What is your solution then? You can't temper people into population control, most countries wouldn't follow suit. Brazil, India, and much of Africa is unfettered in that regard. Even the Chinese tried. That "1-child act" was good on paper, until it turned out most parents were choosing boys. Now China gets to have a male to female ratio crisis in the next decade. Unless people lose their empathy, fall into a global war, or are willing to live under strict lifestyle rules, population control will never occur.

you can't say you agree... but you do agree.

Combine-esque suppression field? :P #24 - I can't say I agree the holocaust was a good thing.

How would you do that? Just start killing off random people? Granted, there is an overpopulation problem, especially in places like China. But, there is no good way to go about doing that unless we discover a planet that can support life, and then find a way to send people there.

How would that help? We landed on the moon over 50 years ago, yet are prepping for a Mars landing in 2030. Even then, it would only be a few people here or there. A potential, humane solution to the population control aspect would take centuries. but that's not to mention the social aspect. How would you justify sending people to a different planet? It would be up to their choosing, unless you want to force them... For some people, there are many countries in the world, that doesn't mean they want to leave their home for them...

I can already smell the nazi puns coming ...prepare yourselves!

Dranide 4

I'm so sorry, maybe your mom was drunk? And #1 no, just no

a drunk mind speaks sober thoughts..

I bet your gunna have some hatred in that relationship

XBurytheCastleX 25

So, torturing and murder is population control? Inconsoderate.

why would she even say something like that? thats really insensitive..

This makes her sound very insensitive, but something tells me these statements were at least a little out pf context. Who brought it up? Did the father say something first?

I bet ur mom didnt want that relationship to continue... They are always smart .. the move like a fly and sting like a bee

Control the population by letting him kill your mother. That is an awful thing to say