By notateen - 13/11/2009 20:26 - United States

Today, I was shopping with my baby daughter when an older woman came up to me. She glared and said, "You know, if you kids learned how to keep your legs closed, you wouldn't be a mother at 16." I'm 25. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 117
You deserved it 4 029

Same thing different taste

Top comments

oh thats a complement. You must look young.

Even if you were 16, she shouldn't have just come up and said that. People are unbelievably rude. Seriously, it's none of their business, screw off.

Comments

maxus 0

Most women would find this to be a compliment, but I understand where you are coming from. Some people are so rude these days!

most 35 year olds want to be told they look 16... not most 25 year olds.

When I was 12, i was baby sitting my 4 month old cousin and had the same sort of comment. Now I'm 25, and like you, still get those comments... People just need to learn to mind their own business.

1. OP, I hope you punched her and said "You want more, byatch?" 2. It's a compliment. You look very young and she's jealous. When you are her age you'll look much better than she ever did at your age.

It's not a compliment, and she wasn't jealous. She was getting her granny panties in a knot because [she thought] it just reaffirmed her belief that 16 year old girls are ***** who need to be fitted with locked chastity belts or something.

25 year olds don't want to look younger than they really are, now if you were 35 then it's a compliment.

I don't get it? What's so bad about it? If you were really 16, that would have sucked. When us women get older, we complain about looking old and try everything on the market to look young again. Obviously you're going to look young for a long time. What's so bad about that?

What's wrong with that? This should totally be on MLIA, she basically just gave you a compliment while trying to insult you, by calling you younger than you actually are. You should have said "THANK YOU!!!" and given her a big hug. c:

I know how you feel. I've gotten the glares after my son calls me mommy and I'm 27. I actually had a girl ask me if my son was my only little brother. Apparently she thought I was 12. No, I was 5 months pregnant and the only sweatshirt that fit me was one of my SIL's sweatshirts and she's really into Tigger.

HAI FIVE!!!!! You are definitely hot!!!

Chuck Norris owns the greatest poker face of all time. It helped him win the World Series of Poker despite holding just a joker, a get out of jail free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs and a green #4 from the game Uno.

Same thing happens to me all the time, but I get 12 rather than 16. I'm 24 and only 4'8, so imagine having 3 kids, one almost as tall as you hanging around calling you mommy. It could always be worse. Just sayin...