You tried

By well okay then - 10/09/2012 04:39 - United States

Today, while shopping, I saw a little girl and her mom. The girl was pouting so I tried to cheer her up by asking her if she was a princess, because she was so pretty. She smiled but her mom looked at me with disgust and told me to, "Get lost, pedo." I'm a 17-year-old girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 993
You deserved it 3 456

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iHeartRKO 5

I would've then asked the mom if she was a wicked witch, because she was being a bitch.

Comments

There's just no reasoning with some people.

yoyoyolol08 5

....tried to rape! Im only kidding. That parent Is really overprotective.

OP she was probably mad that you could make her daughter smile but she couldn't.

The mother's attitude might be the reason to the girls unhappiness, pretty sad in that case

Since about the 1980s, sensationalist media has made North Americans afraid of sexual predators around every corner, which has resulted in some ridiculous situations. For example, there is a strong tendency now for people to assume that any man who works or spends time with children is either gay (for doing something womanly like childcare), or a pedophile, or both--this is ridiculous! Attitudes like the OP encountered are exactly the problem. In this case, fear was so strong that this idiot mom thought that the OP--herself a young girl--was a sexual predator! Stand up against fear, people.

@5: Can you GUARANTEE that there are NONE? Not everyone is a pedophile, but pedophiles exist in every occupation, and every parental role. Have an unhealthy fear? No, but always be vigilant.

rebel_belle1974 5

Talk about over reacting! I bet you're a great babysitter.

peve3 12

But then she may try to do the dishes, and the parent would yell at her for trying to earn extra money.

There isn't even a nice way out of those situations. But I love kids... She's so pretty, it was a compliment to both of you.. I just wanted to cheer her up.. All things moms take offense to. That was nice of you though! (:

soccergurrll 8

You tried. But sadly with some people it doesn't always work

Aug1508 9

Yea some people are completely paranoid and dirty minded. Now a days you can't compliment people without them thinking you are trying to hit on them, you like them, or you're being a complete pervert. At least OP tried.

Well actually it did work; the little girl was happy who gives a sh*t about her air head mother.

iHeartRKO 5

I would've then asked the mom if she was a wicked witch, because she was being a bitch.

Yea i would actualy say something to annoy the mom just because she is a bitch

Well actually it did work; the little girl was happy, who gives a sh!t about her retard mother?

F*ck the little girl's life for having a b*tch for a mom.

Some mom's are just too overprotective of their kids. I'm sure you made the daughter feel awesome, OP!

nelds 12

Just curious, but what does your tattoo say? I really like the placement of it though!

Wow, how disrespectful of the mum to talk to you that way. Even if you were a male, that's still no way to talk. She should've just smiled and kept her thoughts to herself.

juststoptalking 6

Oh so a male can't say anything nice to a little girl?

alshygirl 14

She didn't say that but a mother is going to be more protective over her young daughter when a man is trying to comfort her than if a woman did. My guess would be that OP is a male judging by the mom's response, but that doesn't make it right

^ thank you! I was practically screaming in my head "IT WAS A GIRL!" x.x

25 - Not at all! What I meant was /even/ if OPs a male (which they isn't, by the way.) the mother shouldn't talk to them that way, whatever gender. They meant no harm, but I guess the mother was kinda over protective...in a rude way. And since when was asking someone "Are you a princess?" wrong? It doesn't sound wrong to me, I think it's sweet they're complimenting her out of nowhere. At least I think the child felt happy.

#37 exactly! One day I wanted to give a friend and extra boost of happiness, and said, " Are you Cinderella? ... Because you look like a princes... " and also, " Are you Belle? Because you sure are a beauty ;) " it made her laugh(: hehe. HAHA, you know what would be funny? If OP said to the little girl, " Are you beauty? *glares at mother* because your mother is a beast." Oh gosh. >:D

Prodigy7 4

31, 28 wrote that their guess WOULD BE that OP is male JUDGING FROM THE MOM'S RESPONSE. That is if OP did not mention otherwise, that would be 25s guess from the mother's reaction. Obviously no one could misinterpret the last sentence. Maybe you should learn how to read... and use your brain while you're at it.

alshygirl 14

Whoops! I read the comment and thought "oh this must be one of those FMLs that doesn't have a gender." I should have looked first. Sorry!

75 - Which they aren't* sorry, I'm not fluent in English. :) Had a small mix up there.

Prodigy7 4

93, great, now I look like a fool... Didn't realize people stopped reading FMLs part way through.

Lufferkinz 0

46 or even better, "I guess you must be Cinderella because your evil stepmother is right here"

Every princess has an evil step mother.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

No, princess is usually a term of endearment in such a situation to make children (usually girls) feel better about themselves and know that they're loved.

There have been cases of females preying on children but she is a bit paranoid. Then again when you have family members preying on your kids you never know.

Yes, because it is statistically proven that 82% of all adult and adolescent humans are pedophiles trying to snatch away your kid before your eyes.