By notateen - 13/11/2009 20:26 - United States

Today, I was shopping with my baby daughter when an older woman came up to me. She glared and said, "You know, if you kids learned how to keep your legs closed, you wouldn't be a mother at 16." I'm 25. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 117
You deserved it 4 029

Same thing different taste

Top comments

oh thats a complement. You must look young.

Even if you were 16, she shouldn't have just come up and said that. People are unbelievably rude. Seriously, it's none of their business, screw off.

Comments

yeah i agree with 75 say thanks and walk away

I was more insulted than amused. I wish I had the chance to tell her not to be bitter about her flabtastic old cooch :(

FHGrif 0

She thinks you look young, take it as a compliment

I get similar shit these days. I'm constantly turned down for jobs when I walk in for an application cause the idiots behind the counters think I'm only 14. I'm 21. Even when I show my ID I'm turned away cause they think it's a fake ID. I've had this same problem for years now. One of the many reasons getting a job is just out of my reach.

alwaysalady 0

Ok, so when I was pregnant when I was 20, some LDS missionaries came up to me and began to tell me all about LDS family services and how it was the best choice for me an dmy child, and how I could finish school;. I turned to them and said, "wow, I think my husband would be really pissed if I gave his son to the wealthy sterile of your religion" They shut right up. ( Rude, I know, but they were ruder asusming like that) Now my son is one, and people are always asking me if I finished school. I say, High school, yes, I'm working on graduate's school right now.

dspadres 0

Should have said something along the lines of: "But then you wouldn't be here."

jussmyyluckk 0

Okay, yeah personally I really don't think that's a bad thing . She thinks you're younger than you really are , I can't see that as bad , it's a compliment . The only FML-ish thing I can see in this is that she's very judgemental to think that 16 year olds are sex-obsessed irresponsible brats , so to speak ..

I would have told her "and if your mother had kept HER legs closed, I, a 25-year-old woman, wouldn't be dealing with the stupidity of an overly-opinionated ****! Now go buy some Depends and wee in them, you crusty old hag." Then I would have punched her.

On a related note... I remember some idiot bitch at the BMV being unable to tell what age I was when I got my driver's license. She looked over my papers after I passed the drive test, ten asked me at least three times "do you have a parent or legal guardian here to sign these for you?" All over said papers was my date of birth and my current age. She swore up, down, and sideways that I was only 16, when it clearly stated that I was 20. Some people are just ******' stupid, I guess...

I'm taken, but do you want to be my secret sexy FML lover? Lol. And on another related note, just because I think it's funny... The other day in Wal-Mart, some overweight, pimply, 14 year old boy walked up to me, said that he found me exceedingly hot, and asked me out on a date. I told him ".........uhm.....kid.....I'm 21 years old and well on my way to being engaged". Funniest shit ever. The kid turned chalk white and RAN.

Reminds me of something that happened to me a while back when I was bike shopping. A guy around my age was asking me about the bikes (cause the employees were no help) and I helped him out for a while. When he figured out what he wanted based on my bast knowledge (sad, isn't it?) he told me I could get a job easily once I'm 16. Apparently he thought I was 14 the whole time. When I told him I was 21, his whole freakin world flipped upside down!! He tried asking me out, and I had to hold up my hand with my engagement ring. This time his world shattered. Very interesting day. The only time I actually wasn't offended by being called 14.

joemk2012 0

waiters gave me the kids menu until I was 14

i got the kids menu until i was fifteen... although i think that was because i'm thin and they assumed i was anorexic (i'm really, really not)

angelwing701 0

they gave me one on my 16th birthday ....

Trogdor 0

Why is this an FML? That's kudos to you. Don't most girls want to look younger?

Most girls in their 20s don't want to look underage. It's annoying as all hell. It's 30 year old women and beyond that want to look like they're still 21, not 16.

bullshit! I'm 22 and I like that I'm told I look 18 :D

It's always nice to look younger than you are, but looking 16 in your 20s is not something to be proud of. It doesn't mean you look attractive, it means that just as you are reaching the age of adulthood, self-sufficiency, etc., there are a whole bunch of people who are still treating you like the dumb teenager you were (or were not) 5 years ago. I'm 21 and have this exact same problem. I was given a kid's menu at a restaurant on my 18th birthday and have been turned down to buy alcohol at restaurants (with my parents) several times because they assumed my ID is fake. Not to mention my part-time job, where I'm often yelled at for (1) selling customers a product I use in my dorm when "you're a liar, you're not old enough to ever have seen a dorm" or (2) playing hooky from high school to work