By notateen - 13/11/2009 20:26 - United States

Today, I was shopping with my baby daughter when an older woman came up to me. She glared and said, "You know, if you kids learned how to keep your legs closed, you wouldn't be a mother at 16." I'm 25. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 117
You deserved it 4 029

Same thing different taste

Top comments

oh thats a complement. You must look young.

Even if you were 16, she shouldn't have just come up and said that. People are unbelievably rude. Seriously, it's none of their business, screw off.

Comments

Hey - think of it as a compliment! She thought you were nearly a decade younger than you really were!

I'd have liked to see her face after you told her your age. I don't have kids yet, but I do get asked if my mommy said it's ok to have a sample of coffee at CostCo, for example. I'm 24 and the reactions I get after telling them are always priceless.

You'll be happy when you're 40 and people keep thinking you're 31.

BlooCheese 6

I hate it more when people come up to me when I'm with my younger brother and sister and tell me how cute my kids are and I'm only a teen. :/

That is disgustingly rude for that woman to say that regardless of how old she thought you were. Even if you were really were sixteen, it's none of her damn business.

Exactly. I am baffled at everyone saying it was a complement. That woman was a rude old hag. Its none of her business in the first place, regardless of your age. 16, 26, 36 it is absolutely beyond rude to come up and comment on someone else in that manner.

lives_ppl 0

Jumping to conclusions like that and having that reaction shows her judgmental and spiteful characteristics. Judging by this site, there are way too many of those

lolhahahahhahaaa 0

my mom is really short one time at a movie she got asked for id she was 44

goldencrane 0

I tried to buy cigarettes once when I was 24 and the cashier demanded to see my ID. She told me I looked 14 and that made my day. This is not a FML in a society obsessed with looking as young as possible!

Sucks don't it. I get asked for ID all the time. That was until I bought this spiffy fake moustache. I suggest you do the same.

But then she has the problem of being asked if she needs an upper lip wax...