A Lose-Lose Situation

By you can't win - 10/07/2017 21:00

Today, after months of being called paranoid, distrusting and over-possessive by my girlfriend for being suspicious of her, I learned that she really is cheating on me with her coworker. When confronted, she called me ignorant, gullible and naive for believing her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 454
You deserved it 426

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ditch the bitch. You don't need someone who abuses you to your face and cheats behind your back.

Always investigate before accusing. If someone is cheating, he or she is going to lie about it. If the person is not cheating, she or he will be hurt by the accusation.

Comments

Ditch the bitch. You don't need someone who abuses you to your face and cheats behind your back.

Umm, they seem to already be broken up

Sounds like you have a BPD on your hands. Run! Run like the wind!

Adeline90 10

Dump her and get yourself a real woman...seriously...

Always investigate before accusing. If someone is cheating, he or she is going to lie about it. If the person is not cheating, she or he will be hurt by the accusation.

You need to buy her a one-way ticket to Washington, DC! She may be a crap human being and a crap girlfriend, but she’s got what it takes to be in Trump’s Press Office!

gobiteme2 34

Comment did not state how old she was, might've already been in the Oval office when Bill Clinton was there

my friend, the tighter you have to grasp something, the less room you have for it in your hands. I'm sorry you had to experience that. I hope you can find the love you deserve in the future. best wishes

That's called "projection". Also, DTMFA and run far, run fast.

Word of advice- that's called gas lighting, and it's a highly damaging form of emotional abuse that can lead to impaired ability to reality check and inability to trust your memories. It might be a good idea to see a psychiatrist, psychologist, or just a counselor to make sure she didn't do any permanent damage to you.

species4872 19

Just needs to get over it, move on and find someone decent.

Yeah, no. Ignoring potential psychological harm can lead to worse problems in the long run, ranging from problems maintaining relationships to depression to full blown psychotic breaks. So, one, don't talk about something you obviously have no experience when your awful "advice" can cause serious harm, and two, don't belittle the difficulty of recovering from a difficult relationship because you are a bitter and spiteful person.

species4872 19

Now who's spiteful. I would never presume to call people names except to their face.

Still you, given your pattern of making comments intended to be hurtful, toxic, and hateful towards people. I can only infer that you are so miserable with your life and angry with who you are that you have to lash out at strangers from behind the secure anonymity of the internet and make them feel badly about them self in order to artificially inflate your sense of self worth.

species4872 19

Thanks for the analysis. Actually I am a very happy person and one of the most tolerent people you would ever meet. It doesn't matter to me if someone is racist, a bigot, and arsehole, fat, skinny, purple ,pink or whatever, I tend to make allowances for people's less then desirable traits and treat them as people should be treated. As for many of my comments they are mearly ironic observations with no implied meaning or intent of malice or otherwise and I have no control over how people interperate them or of peoples sensitivity. But If you or anyone doesn't like any comment I may make by all means say so, rant and rave, call me anything you like, I will not get offended nor will I have any animosity towards them.

You dodged a bullet there. Move on and erase her from your life. Karma will get her in the end.

Having gone through the same thing recently, with a girlfriend of 2 years, and a co-worker of 2 weeks, this hurt me to read. I feel for you.