By Anonymous - 24/10/2010 13:06 - United Kingdom

Today, I was selling personalised stockings at work. When handing a customer's order over to her, which had no name on, I joked, "Oooh this is a bit mysterious". She replied, "Actually, it's in memory of the baby I miscarried earlier this year." FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 050
You deserved it 9 998

Same thing different taste

Top comments

haha89 0

You didn't know. Although that would've hurt to talk about a lost baby.

That's a bit bizarre for a parent to do. Why leave the kid's name off if it's supposed to be in memory? What am I missing here?

Comments

Quest_ 13

YDI for participating in the Christmas industry, you disgusting excuse of a human being.

Fortuitous 0

Kay, I live in The Abyss. I might have to kick her out. It's actually a nice place to live, and we do celebrate Christmas.

what a douchebag... go play in traffic!

Quest_ 13

Stop being arbitrary and unnecessarily aggressive, you meanies.

DoubleL4567 0

that's why you shut your mouth and mind your own business.. always. that way you don't make an ass of yourself, especially when you're dealing with a customer. be professional and mind your own.

Are you kidding me? Since when does everyone have to be perfect????

I didn't say be perfect, I said mind your own business. It'd be different if she knew the woman at all, but like who the **** is buying a stocking for their "secret admirer" ? it was an honest mistake on OP's part, really but to avoid awkward situations for the future, I would suggest OP just not say anything.

I understand what you are saying, but from my point of view, OP couldn't help their curiosity in finding out what it was for. I'm very curious myself and I would have done the same thing.

miasparkle 0

Why would you ever make a comment on something ur selling or what ur customer is purchasing! that the first step to selling! duh!

I'm soo glad you're picture isn't fake.. honey

I believe it's called being friendly to the customer, which actually helps you sell things...

@17, how the hell do I get moderated for saying the OP is a nice person, politely for that matter?

Fishfanatic 7

ANYONE who has clicked YDI on this is a bloody idiot. There is absolutely no way imaginable that the OP could have possibly known about the customers' miscarriage, so her comment was in no way innapropriate or rude. Certainly after being told what it was for the situation became awkward, but regardless it was not the OP's fault in any wa and no, they should not deserve to be fired.

Hazo_rackman 0

**** you Nazis. The customer miscarried a baby and the CASHIER is the one who's life sucks? **** you shitheads. OP, ydi4beinadouche.

sammyderose123 0

Maybe she ordered the stocking while still pregnant and since some people wait to find out gender, she didn't have it personalized yet. But that also leads to the question of why not cancel the order? Not your fault OP. You had no way of knowing and that's not something you would just randomly guess