By tryfailtryget11 - 05/09/2009 04:23 - United States

Today, I was on the phone with my boyfriend. We were messing around and I always jokingly say "You're adopted, nobody loves you" to everybody. His reply, "That's pretty fucked up, I am adopted." He really was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 669
You deserved it 76 823

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OhhxGoshhxAri 0

Oh yeah? Well, YOU'RE adopted, and nobody loves YOU! Ever think of THAT?! >:|

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

if you didn't know before hand, you didn't do anything wrong! He needs to get over it or get lost!

honeyishrnkdakid 2

Thank you. People on this site are judgmental bastards. You would think a choir of angels resided here. People here act as if they've never joked and mistakenly said something hurtful, or done something completely idiotic, or performed an ill-timed action. And you would think that the commentators here were the perfect boyfriend/girlfriend, never doing or saying anything wrong. Also, you would think they were omniscient since people are judged and deserve things that happen to them as a result of their ignorance regarding something. Every pot on here lives in a glass house, so get over yourselves and f*** off. (p.s. for those of you who didn't get it, that was a mixed metaphor at the end. You are pots calling the kettle black and people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones)

joy1523 0

actually no, a sense of humor doesn't have to include enjoying saying, or laughing at, potentially hurtful or offensive things. once you grow up past about 15 years old, most people realize this. then, when you mature, humor can actually include irony, sarcasm and wit, instead of ignorance.

Wankster 0

If you knew he was then why would you say that and act like you didn't know in the end? This FML is ******* stupid like the OP

dundermifflinpc 0

You're horrible!!! Put yourself in his shoes.

icertainlysuck 0

How is this an FML? It's an FHL! you are a horrible person!

Being adopted, and then consequently reminded every day by my adoptive parents that it was a mistake to adopt me because after they adopted me they discovered they could have children after all, I of course do not see the humor in your comment because it hits too close to home. However, I doubt if I could have seen any humor in that whatsoever. Any person who feels superior to others by making jokes about how "at least I'm not *fill in the blank with adopted, gay, crippled, fat, whatever human sub group that is not socially acceptable*..." is one pathetic person. You also need to realize that you probably aren't half as smart or as funny as you thought you were all these years.

CaroAurelia 12

That's very awful of your parents, and I'm sorry. As a future adoptive parent (who probably can have biological children but wishes to adopt for a number of reasons), I can hardly see how choosing to give a home to a child and raise them as your own is a "mistake" - provided you give them the love they deserve. The only "mistake" they made was subjecting you to that bullshit.

wait if you ALWAYS jokingly say it ...why did he get offended by it now??? or do you just say it to anyone jokingly?

StrawberryPiez_ 0

that's not even cute or funny or something to joke around with u are a dumb ass and a failure, even if this fml is fake your a pathetic hoe who thought this was funny, anyways ydi

Ha, she says it to everybody. Read it again hehehe.

YDI for making a cruel and insensitive taunt your "catchphrase." Good luck keeping the boyfriend...or any friends, for that matter.

OP, you just fail at life, because obviously if someone is adopted, somebody WANTED to adopt them, so they are loved. I hate ignorant ******* like you.