By tryfailtryget11 - 05/09/2009 04:23 - United States

Today, I was on the phone with my boyfriend. We were messing around and I always jokingly say "You're adopted, nobody loves you" to everybody. His reply, "That's pretty fucked up, I am adopted." He really was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 669
You deserved it 76 823

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OhhxGoshhxAri 0

Oh yeah? Well, YOU'RE adopted, and nobody loves YOU! Ever think of THAT?! >:|

Comments

georgie_sweetypi 0

Surely you knew this if you were going out with him...

missanthrax 0

u call that "messing around"...wow

I don't see how that statement is even funny...

Canuck 0

you are a bitch and nobody loves you

Wow if I were him I would have dumped you right then and there. I am actually adopted and if someone told me no one loved me, I don't know what I'd do.

AnonymousL0L 0

No one loves you. Now do what you didn't know you would do.

zee209 0

Who the hell says that to people? YDI for being a huge jerk.

kitties_fml 12

how does being adopted mean no one loves you? it means someone loved you enough to set up and pay for an adoption to raise you when your biological parents couldn't...being adopted myself, i'm pretty sure adoptive parent love works the exact same way as biological parent love.

kitties_fml 12

it also means that your birth mother loved you enough to spend nine months carrying you and letting you grow inside her body...enough to give birth to you (i.e. go through one of the most painful things ever) only to hand you over to someone else so you can have a better life. the emotional (and physical) duress involved in that must be immense and i think it is indicative of intense love for the adopted child in question.

xTxTx 0

I used to say that all the time until I said it to a girl who actually was adopted by accident... then I never said it again.