By tryfailtryget11 - 05/09/2009 04:23 - United States

Today, I was on the phone with my boyfriend. We were messing around and I always jokingly say "You're adopted, nobody loves you" to everybody. His reply, "That's pretty fucked up, I am adopted." He really was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 669
You deserved it 76 823

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OhhxGoshhxAri 0

Oh yeah? Well, YOU'RE adopted, and nobody loves YOU! Ever think of THAT?! >:|

Comments

1. It's not much of a relationship if you didn't even know he was adopted. 2. Why on earth would you think it's funny to mock adoption or adopted people? Most kids are put up for adoption because the parents LOVE them enough to know they can't care for them, and most adopted kids are LOVED by their parents who often couldn't have any of their own? Geez, this is like making fun of mental handicaps--things people have no control over! You said you say this regularly, so this wasn't a slip of the tongue. If you were my student, you would definitely be in detention if I heard this in my classroom!

WOAHHHH i always say ure adopted, and nobody lovs you to people too xD u just got unluckier than me

It's not a funny joke. It's a horrible thing to say to anyone. I hope you don't carry this "joke" into the future when you have kids or your kids are going to hate you so much.

huevo92 0

u r a stubid bitch, how could u do that and how you don't know that your bfriend was adopted, i mean if it is (or was) your bfriend u should know that

Oh, so you're one of those. Seriously, who told you that was a funny joke? Even if it isn't offensive, it's just too lame to say as a joke.

NickelPhosphate 0

YDI for saying something so stupid and thinking it's funny. Like who says that?! Idiot.

I say "go kill yourself" and one time someone burst into tears because their father recently committed suicide. I feel your pain.

I am adopted, have been since I was 73 hours old. I am very offended when someone says stuff like that. You are very pathetic, and I hope he dumps you, because you obviously don't understand his feelings.

bailie 0

Idiot. Why would you say something like that? Are you seriously that stupid to think something like that would be considered "funny"? Besides, how does being adopted mean that you're "not loved"? Plenty of people who commented on this have a sense of humor. However, when it comes to making jokes about subjects like this one, the joke is on you. Don't be ignorant in the future. Repeatedly saying something like this is bound to be hurtful.

I was adopted around the same age you where and I myself am very offen buy a comment such as the op made