By tryfailtryget11 - 05/09/2009 04:23 - United States

Today, I was on the phone with my boyfriend. We were messing around and I always jokingly say "You're adopted, nobody loves you" to everybody. His reply, "That's pretty fucked up, I am adopted." He really was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 669
You deserved it 76 822

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OhhxGoshhxAri 0

Oh yeah? Well, YOU'RE adopted, and nobody loves YOU! Ever think of THAT?! >:|

Comments

cmano13 0

I never get people that say stupid shit like this. It's not funny and it never was. Generic put-downs to everyone you know are just a front for someone with nothing wittier to say, and it's only a matter of time until you offend someone enough that you get told.

And yet people who were adopted clearly WERE loved enough for their adoptive parents to choose them! As an insult it's not very logical. But it's still a cow of a thing to say.

Adoptive parents are just as much parents as birth parents, don't ever, ever doubt that. Hdu? Sorry but I hate stupid shit like this. If someone raised you and loved you as their own you are their child regardless. You should apologize. Both for making fun of adopting and for implying that no one loves you if you're adopted. Jfc

OhhxGoshhxAri 0

It's even worse to say nobody loves you when you joke around about adoption. It's not always like that. Some people just can't raise the babies that they have so they either abort them or try to find a new home and family for them. When somebody does adopt a person or baby, they must love them. Why else would they use their money to provide a home, clothing and food for a person or baby that isn't their own? Adoption isn't a funny subject. My cousin was adopted because her mom was too young and couldn't keep her. My cousin just turned 18 and finally met her birth mom and found out she has a sister. She doesn't go around telling people that too. I didn't even know until I was about 8. I mean, my whole family loves her. She's a great person. It might be funny for you to say that to a friend who you know for a fact isn't adopted, but if you say that to somebody that actually was adopted, you could make them feel awful or upset or even angry. I really hope you learned a lesson from that.

Not to mention the fact that lots of adopted kids already feel abandoned and unloved sometimes. Though, I do occasionally makes jokes about myself, because I was adopted, I'd never do that to anyone else.

waterynuggets 0

YDI for telling shitty ass jokes that aren't funny and hurting his feelers.

As a birth mom, I find that comment incredibly rude and insensitive. My husband and I made an informed, educated decision to give our baby up for adoption--it absolutely did not mean that we did not love the baby, it just meant we knew we were ill-equipped for a baby at that time. YDI for being a jerk. Adopted kids are MORE loved because they were chosen.

I agree entirely. Plus, some parents adopt because they are unable to have kids themselves. I really doubt the adoptive parents 'don't love him' if they gave him a home.

@140: Actually the comment has everything to do with me--by saying "you're adopted, no one loves you" it implies that someone gave you up because they didn't love you. In fact, the opposite is true. We already had one young child at home, and in order to provide a better life for both kids, we decided to give the one I was pregnant with up for adoption. We love him enough to want a better life than I would have been able to give him. People who have never been involved in the process do not understand, and have no right to make hurtful comments like that.

awuh_man 0

OP, you're a bitch. seriously? the only peson I would even joke about being adopted is my brother. and I don't say nobody loves you. we just say, 'you were adopted.' and we know neither of us were. YDI, that was awful. I seriously hope that he breaks up with you and finds someone better.