By Anonymous - 27/08/2014 03:19 - United States - Topeka

Today, a guy in my class was talking about himself. He started his story with, "When I was little, I was a ginger." I replied without thinking, "Is that why you got put up for adoption?" Him being adopted was the actual story he wanted to tell. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 119
You deserved it 47 056

Same thing different taste

Comments

CloudStrife97 9

How do you go from being a ginger to not being a ginger?

hair color changes as you get older I went from toe head to red head(not every one does)

Well now don't you feel like a complete douche bag.

bingo__O 15

Yeah, what an assholeish thing to say, regardless of what the story was ultimately about.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Hopefully he wasn't offended! You should probably learn to keep your mouth shut in situations you know nothing about. ;)

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You had nothing to add... Yet you added something..

Even if the story wasn't about him being adopted, that joke is disgusting

I fail to understand why exactly you would say that even if you "weren't thinking".

Careful OP, if you piss off a ginger you're gonna have a bad time.

I often wonder if my temper comes from being ginger, guess it's true

So if you are a ginger, can you tell me how someone could have been a ginger as a kid? I mean, it sounds like he isn't a ginger anymore. don't you stay a ginger a whole lifetime? this question may sound stupid to you but we don't have this ginger-thing in Germany.

No, hair color can change drastically over the years. I was born with black hair and within months it turned strawberry blonde. Now I'm a brunette.

PresidentNorth 16

"Don't have this ginger thing in Germany" Redheads just aren't in existence in your country? Or have you never heard someone get called a "ginger"

Thanks #82, that's what I meant. I don't know many people with red hair but especially I don't know anyone making jokes about them. So why is this such a big thing in the USA?