By justjust - 28/03/2009 14:14 - United States

Today, I was at work at a preschool. I was sitting outside with the kids and was getting bored so I started singing. One of the little girls runs up and puts her hand over my mouth and tells me to stop. I'm in a select chorus at my highschool and plan to major in choral studies in college. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 879
You deserved it 11 337

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bioclock 0

Don't take it too seriously. I know when I was younger, I got embarrassed when any of my family members would sing, regardless of whether they were good or not. I know you're not any of their parents, but it might be something similar.

Kids.....hehe. Maybe she did not like your song, I bet if you sang dora she would love it. XD 1st.....hahahah...Victory is MINE!

Comments

agree w/#9, kids do shit like that all the time, maybe you should learn to not worry about it instead of trying to stroke your ego by posting this non-FML on a website

Wow, here's a great idea for you, let's base your talent as a singer on the opinion of a 5 year old, dwell on it, and then plot the entire course of your life on it. Or just except kids are ungrateful, selfish, and obnoxious and get over it. If you can't handle the harsh judgements of todlers, I think it's time you look for another line of work; I'd suggest a clinic so you can have excess to all the happy pills you can get your hands on.

I'm generally annoyed by anyone who sings in public because I have sensitive hearing and it usually hurts my ears. It could have nothing to do with your voice and everything to do with a child's ear infection.

Don't take it personally. The girl probably has problems processing sound. Google: "Auditory Processing Disorder" and "Out of Sync Child". Might lead you to identify the issues. I stopped singing when my baby boy wailed - learned later he had over-the-top hypersensitive hearing, which we had to deal with. It's HER, not YOU!

gingerspice 0

It could just be the type of voice you have...little kids tend to think any singing voice that doesn't sound like a pop star sucks.

I don't see how this is a FML. This is more of a little kid being annoying. :]

Don't take it personally. Kids be crazy... Then again, I have this friend at my school who keeps on singing her chorus songs randomly during the day...in the halls, at class, outside, at the movie theater... and it gets kinda annoying. I have sensitive ears and she sings so high... But that's just me, and I'll assume you don't do that, so no worries.

No_Words24 0

hahaha!! really? ur worried about the musical advice from a preschooler?? they're lucky if they can tie there shoes or use the bathroom by themselves!! Don't take it personally!!