By angie429 - 27/11/2011 23:45 - United States

Today, I took my boyfriend to my family's traditional late Thanksgiving dinner. While eating, my mom brought up celebrity infidelity. My grandpa ended up looking me in the eye and saying, "Look Angie, sometimes what a man has just isn't enough. When that happens, cheating is forgiveable." FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 113
You deserved it 2 741

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FYLDeep 25

**** cheaters. They don't deserve a relationship. How can what they have not be enough when they deserve nothing?

enonymous 8

Solid logic. Respect your elders they know best

Comments

FYLDeep 25

**** cheaters. They don't deserve a relationship. How can what they have not be enough when they deserve nothing?

I'm guessing that's not a very good first impression. As long as you don't cheat, things will be fine as long as your grandpappy's words didn't bring out the paranoia in your boyfriend.

perdix 29

Back in his day, that was the truth. Men usually earned all the money, so they had the right to fool around a bit.

Ummmm...I've never known of a time when adultery was acceptable. That's why there are LAWS against it in most jurisdictions that have been on the books since the laws were created.

perdix 29

No, it was winked at. Back in those days, drunk driving was illegal, but it was kind of a joke. The same thing with a little, discreet fooling around.

DontClickOnMe 28

Cheating is never forgiveable. If the person who cheated on you really loved you, they wouldn't have cheated on you in the first place. Sorry op, but your grandpa is wrong!

sounds like grandads had a checkered past and good ol' agnus still hasnt forgiven him.

davek 36

"What a man has" in the trouser department, or the wallet?

leogirl95 12

Our elders are the wisest of them all...