By Ash - 27/05/2009 03:08 - United States

Today, I saw this tourist almost get hit by a cab. After he walked away I complained to my boyfriend about how idiotic people like him just deserve to die. After 5 blocks of my ranting the tourist turns around and says "I'm right in front of you bitch." I hid behind my laughing boyfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 501
You deserved it 88 619

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Holy crap, you ranted for five blocks? About how he deserved to *die*?! Anger issues much?

ManiMartinixo 0

Comments

ohhhhshizzz 0

#73: Uhhh, how do you think people in New Orleans feel? I live in New Orleans, people come to the French Quarter asking when Mardi Gras is gonna start. They order beingets, say it wrong it is not a [BEGNET] and are just freaking obnoxious. Serioulsy, I hate going to Magazine Street because of them. But I deal.

If this took place in Manhattan, then there's an 89% chance it was the cab's fault--they practically gun for tourists. And while tourists are annoying as shit (I much prefer travelers, and yes, there's a difference), they don't deserve to DIE for it. And what maladjust dwells on something like this for more than a split second, anyway? Honey, you need a ******* hobby. And in case you were wondering, YtotallyfuckingDI.

kiwistrwbry08 0

Even if the tourist was being dumb and/or not paying attention, it's an honest mistake and not something that he deserves to die for. I'm sure you've made a mistake or haven't paid attention yourself and managed to avoid getting hurt somehow, so wouldn't that mean by your own logic that you'd deserve to die too? Yes, tourists can be frustrating sometimes, and many can be incredibly obnoxious, but they don't deserve to die. That's just not something that you wish on people. Sorry, but YDI. Kudos to your boyfriend for having a good sense of humor though, and to the tourist for keeping quiet for 5 blocks before he got fed up.

#73: i agree completely, being a new york native myself. i understand, new york is ******* amazing, but learn a thing or two, like not getting hit by any taxi/bike messenger/random car because they WILL hit you. and hey OP: something like this happened to me a few times. i might have anger issues haha but im ok with it. this really is only a FYL since you made it awkward for yourself. when he turned around you shouldve said something like "i dont give a ****, youre an idiot, next time you SHOULD get hit by that cab." life should still be based on survival of the fittest. therefore, any idiot who walks in front of a cab should get hit if theyre that stupid to put themselves there in the first place.

You're lucky all he did was call you a bitch. I would have knocked you out.

Sorry, but you deserved that one. Don't talk about people behind their backs! (literally)

YDI for being a biatch. The guy didn't do anything to you and yet you talked about him behind his back? I hope the car that hit him came back and ran over you because "idiotic people just deserve to die." Your words not mine.

#81- The rest of us shouldn't have to be okay with your issues. Stop being such a petty bitch and learn some sympathy and humility. Same goes for you, OP. 5 blocks? Nothing else crossed your mind for 5 blocks? FYL for that alone.

wait, @31 - where does it say that she thought the person couldn't speak English?? @75 - how on earth does this situation make her "ignorant" - and where does it say she assumed the person couldn't understand her? My guess is that you're implying the same thing as #31 - when really both of you are the ignorant ones to just assume and/or imply that she's some sort of racist or stereotyping person based on a situation that had NOTHING to do with that. While it does seem sort of impossible, the point was that she DIDN'T REALIZE the person was in front of her, not that she saw them and deliberately kept talking anyway because she decided they must not be able to understand her. That being said - YDI. And more like FY bf's L because he has to put up with you getting so worked up over something so random and irrelevant in your daily life. Uptight much? And what makes you even think this guy is a tourist?? A moment of not paying attention suddenly MUST mean that he can't possibly be from your precious city naturally, huh? And how do you even know it wasn't the cab's fault - maybe trying to make a right on red when the crosswalk light was still blinking, for instance? My husband probably would've freaked if any other man ever spoke to me the way the "tourist" did - but he definitely would've told me that I got what I deserved if I ever ranted for five blocks, in public, and loud enough for someone walking in front of me to hear - over something so ridiculous.