By fuck wannabe knowitalls - 03/06/2013 23:13 - United States

Today, I received a death threat from some nutball accusing me of being part of some big government conspiracy called "Haarp." According to this psycho, I'm responsible for causing the recent tornadoes in Oklahoma. I'm just a small-time weatherman. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 746
You deserved it 3 770

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

HAARP (High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program) which some people say can control weather. But it can't. But the US government has the ability to do so. We signed a Weather Warfare treaty in 1976 I believe. So the technology is out there but it DID NOT cause those tornadoes.

I have no clue why this is getting thumbed down at the moment. There is actually a method of causing rain called cloud seeding.

Well, time to break out the tin-foil hats... ... and straightjackets...

K410 18

Why would the U.S government use this technology on their own soil and cause billions of dollars in damage they can't afford? Man conspiracy theorists are retards lmao

TheDrifter 23

Gotta keep the people down. Only when the people have nothing left can the government seize absolute control of the citizenry. Next they'll be trying to license free speech man, you watch, it's coming. *heads out to restock on tinfoil*

I don't know, this guy might know his $#!+ with a name like "stormchaser24"

HAARP is used by the US military. Since when did the military ever use anything thats not a weapon? Its used to **** around with the ionosphere, sheeple need to research things before rolling their eyes and dismissing it all as "conspiracy theories"

See, nobody with a brain takes you people seriously, because you use dumbass terms like "sheeple" and immediately dismiss anyone who disagrees with you as WRONG or "sheep". That and the total lack of credible evidence to back up most conspiracy theories. You guys are almost on the same level as ranting apocalyptic street preachers.

16 is right. HAARP exists but its for scientific research, it can for example, make it rain. But conspirators think it's used for more malicious purposes, like causing climate disasters. They think so because HAARP is a private government facility not open to the public for security reasons so conspirators think it's for malicious purposes. But let's think here, would you really want the average civilian going into a facility with the potential of changing with the weather because they decided to touch machinery that they should not be messing with? No. It makes sense why it's not open to the public & why conspirators & other scientists have concerns about HAARP. It's delicate research that needs to be handled by the right people but I personally do not believe disastrous climate changes would be intentional. I do not believe the scientists would choose to cause devastating tragedies like the Oklahoma tornados. I don't even think HAARP had anything to do with the Oklahoma tornados. Just thought I should throw in some perspective.

59, I was going to thumb you up, but I realized if I did, The Man would find out I agree with you, since they would be able to trace my location. Then they'd bust into my tiny apartment, making a spectacle for all the other tenants living there to observe. I would then disappear and never be heard from again, because I clearly know too much. You're an idiot. Baaa.

The U.S. Government used nuclear weapons on our own soil. We are still affected by those experiments today. Also, as long as there are people left in America the government can afford anything. If there was something we couldn't afford our politicians would be better financiers but as we all know, they suck with budgets.

monnanon 13

they tested the weapon in a testing ground not on their own populace.

59, military also has office workers that use paper clips, pens, pencils, coffee mugs, etc. By your logic those are weapons too. Oh, and don't forget military food.

Hey, I can fashion a damned good shiv with a paper clip...

saffy66 34

Finally someone who has heard if this? For the trivia buffs, British band Muse have an album called H.A.A.R.P. it is named after this project; they like to name songs after scientific & psychological experiments & phenomena. Think Stockholm Syndrome, MK ULTRA & Butterflies & Hurricanes.

Most things that have the capability to be used maliciously, are eventually used so. I'm sure the US military is well aware of their little "research" projects capabilities!

Yeah, because the US govt has such. great history of abiding by treaties...

What the actual ****? Is this what conspiracy theorists are coming to? So desperate to overthrow the government that they are blaming unstoppable weather tragedies on weathermen and the government?

According to Google (meaning this might be wrong), the nut job has the conspiracy wrong. HAARP would just let the US have incredible signals for communication. And block signals for any electronic devices. HAARP wasn't to create weather disasters.

Of course, there's also the flying ****.

olpally 32

You really can't fix stupid. My god... :/

Sure you can, it's a shame murder is illegal, though...

It's only illegal if we get caught tho... Hm...

olpally 32

Yeah, I wish we could murder the stupid people.

Storm was a lady! This would be a new hero! I'd go with the name "Zephyr", that would make an awesome superhero name and sounds masculine enough.

I guess you couldn't have predicted that

Small-time weatherman by day, part-time wizard by night. "Your a wizard, Harry!"

Storm was a lady! This would be a whole new superhero! I'd pick the name "Zephyr", for a male hero with weather powers, sounds awesome and has a masculine ring to it, at least in my mind.

I guess you made them *removes shades* OKLAHOMELESS

While he's most likely right about HAARP spawning those tornadoes, he's ******* stupid for yelling at you over it. Sigh.