First!

By marryinghimanyway - 29/08/2013 02:21 - Australia - Brisbane

Today, I announced my engagement. My mother's response was to freak out and demand that I postpone my wedding indefinitely. Why? My younger sister caught the bouquet at a wedding last year, so "she has to get married first!" My sister has been single for 3 years and showers once a week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 090
You deserved it 2 939

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just ignore it and enjoy your relationship :)

meliadams 12

Have your wedding when you want to, OP. tell her if she doesn't like it, she doesn't have to come.

Comments

Just ignore it and enjoy your relationship :)

Agreed. Send her an invite, but if she decides not to come then it's her loss. I hope your big day is great!! :)

meliadams 12

Have your wedding when you want to, OP. tell her if she doesn't like it, she doesn't have to come.

Hell no! If my mom declines to my wedding I'd drag her there!

I'd grab my mother by the ear, and drag her to my wedding. it'll be a miracle if I ever get married.

I say do what makes you happy, don't postpone the wedding for a ridiculous reason like that. Also, you've got to talk to your sister about her hygiene, ugh.

Everyone read her name before commenting :)

I like your username because you should marry him anyway. It's not your mother's decision. Don't let her get in the way of your happiness.

Remind your mother that an even older tradition is that the younger sister can't be out in society if the older one isn't married yet - so your sister caught that bouquet illegally. That is if she wants to believe in that stuff.

As long as you and your (Soon to be) spouse are happy, who cares? Enjoy your wedding.

raytyler26 16

#31 I think that's illegal? Though I would most likely consider that if I were OP...