By Anonymous - 29/12/2010 05:20 - United States

Today, I realized that I'll have to explain to my child that mommy and daddy met on World of Warcraft. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 181
You deserved it 53 770

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that's kind of cute? nerdy, yeah. but not terrible.

so what? that's better than having to tell them you met in a bar. me and my fiancé met on wow purely by accident. if you find the person right for you who gives a shit how you met. what is important is that you met. if you're ashamed than that's your problem and you need to figure out why you care what other people think. if you are happy that is what is important. I wouldn't change a thing about me and my fiance's relationship because he is the love of my life.

Comments

AlvaTheStarvingA 0

81- Yay, Harvest Moon! :D Op, that is a win. Who wouldn't want gamer parents?

I agree with livewire1701. Completely okay to find your significant other doing something you both enjoy as opposed to geting drunk and having a one night stand. Then explaining to your child that their father was some guy you banged as a drunk ****.

me and my boyfriend also met in WoW and we have a really beautiful relationship since two years. there's nothing wrong with it, you should not be ashamed. your relationship started in a special way, be proud of it!

Hayllee 4

I don't see a problem with this. You're one of the lucky nerds. It's no different than meeting a guy at the gym, they're both activities (though the gym is healthier, but you get my point)

mattxhavoc 2

I deliver pizzas and delivered to this couple who were playing WoW. They invited me in, even offered me some of the pizza they ordered, hahaha. Told me how they met on WoW and whatnot. They have a crazy big house and two kids and couldn't have seemed happier. Definitely not an FML, OP.

boatkicker 4

A surprisingly large number of FMLers have met their SOs through WoW..... and several others who have met their SOs through other online places and games. Anyways, OP, get over it. If you're happy together, your kid will see that, and it wont matter any more than what color your first car was. What's important is that you did meet (and in a game that large, that's quite lucky)

I agree with a lot of the other comments. I met my husband on WoW, and we have two children. While we no longer play, I'm not ashamed of admitting how we initially met. We're going on four years together, and we couldn't be more happy. :)

WankersCramp 0

your husband is in the military and played WoW? damn all kinds of people play that game