By Anonymous - 29/12/2010 05:20 - United States

Today, I realized that I'll have to explain to my child that mommy and daddy met on World of Warcraft. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 181
You deserved it 53 770

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that's kind of cute? nerdy, yeah. but not terrible.

so what? that's better than having to tell them you met in a bar. me and my fiancé met on wow purely by accident. if you find the person right for you who gives a shit how you met. what is important is that you met. if you're ashamed than that's your problem and you need to figure out why you care what other people think. if you are happy that is what is important. I wouldn't change a thing about me and my fiance's relationship because he is the love of my life.

Comments

Mirequetz 6

Not sure why this is an FML, I met my fiance on WoW and we moved in together 7 months later. We have now been together 3 years and are (obviously) engaged. Who cares? You want to pay thousands of dollars signing up for dating sites? I had fun playing a game I liked and ended up meeting someone with similar interests without being "matched up". I couldn't be happier.

skyeyez9 24

Think of it like this: Having gamer parents is a plus. OP's kid will always have access to the latest video game console and computers. They may even buy the kid their own seperate console to prevent competition over the same game.

conman531 23

As long as they felt it was safe. People meet online like this and run into pedophiles. They were lucky enough it wasn't a ped. As long as they love it doesn't necessarily matter how they meet.

OP, that's pretty cool. I met my husband over Phantasy Star Online, years and years ago. We just celebrated our fifth anniversary. We play WoW together and have two kids. (Gonna teach them to farm gold!)

I know someone who left their husband on mothers day for a guy from world of Warcraft.

Oniat 2

This isn't an fml, you met someone with similar interests. I met my boyfriend on wow, and he's the sweetest guy. We knew each other for like a year before he sent me flowers. We've met IRL, and we talk every day on Skype, and we're nearing our first anniversary. Embrace it, it's unique :)