By suhleedah18 - 24/04/2012 18:49 - United States

Today, I realized just how bad my problem with making eye contact is, when I caught myself looking the other way when the singer in a music video looked directly at the camera. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 827
You deserved it 4 974

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Awee it's okay. You're just a little shy, love

You know, they actually can see you. Everything you do. All those whole "videos only work one way" stories were lies. Even when it's turned off.

Comments

YouTube is the only site where music videos are available. I mean, why would they show a MUSIC VIDEO on television. The television obviously isn't for viewing things, only YouTube is. YouTube is the only source of music videos that ever or ever will exist. So we can all safely make the assumption that OP watched this on YouTube. MTV doesn't exist. PS: You need to practice some English. Lol

13 - Bro, chill. And MTV sucks, but I'm sure you already knew that.

You mean there are still music videos on MTV?

I think they sort of "gave-up" on music a few years back, but I think they occasionally show something or the other. Now it's basically only a trashy show in the shadow of its former glory.

62- Thank you for ruining my day. I had been trying to erase that song from my mind, but now it is stuck in my head.

69 - I've got a great solution for you. Watch the parody of that song (the one featuring Tobuscus) and you'll laugh your head off so much you'll forget how ear-splitting and horrifying the actual song is. Hope this helps! :D

79 - Brock's Dub of the song is also effective :)

so is the key of awesome one direction parody :)

Awee it's okay. You're just a little shy, love

You look a little like Nicki Manaj. But I agree that is really shy, beyond shy.

nofearjenshere 12

^ I agree. Without the pink hair and crazy make up. Haha

I feel you, OP. When I try to make eye contact with my crush, I always end up looking down like an idiot :( Even though my crush is real, it is still very bad. So sorry. FYL

54, The person is the music video is still a real person...

I meant 'in person' real. I see my crush on a daily basis I think you are just being a grammar nazi(thats what they're called. No offense if you are jewish) and not paying attention about what I was trying to say. FTW( that means 'F*ck the world' not 'for the win', as my frenemies keep saying to my friends(who think its definition 1, not 2)

elletex 8

60, What the hell are you going on about?

I really don't know anymore. Thank you for giving me the bitch-slap I needed(metaphorically, not physically)

cactasaurus 7

You don't need to keep putting the definitions in parentheses. We're not stupid, we know what these words & expressions mean..

83 - You're not stupid but 65 is. (I think it's because she's blonde)

83- I'm just making sure nobody gets confused. My frenemies use FML too :P Sometimes, I just go in long tangents that get me nowhere. I'm sorry for wasting comment space with my long comments

No, there's shy and then there is social anxiety problems. This is definitely the latter. It's normal in some cases but to get uncomfortable like this... Isn't.

You know, they actually can see you. Everything you do. All those whole "videos only work one way" stories were lies. Even when it's turned off.

If it was nicki minaj it would be perfectly reasonable to turn away

I really hope it's not the same with commenting on the Internet; that would mean you guys could see me on the shitter… :/

Yes 35, unfortunately we can. Now quit picking your nose with the hand that's not on the phone. On an unrelated note, does it bother anyone else when you're talking on the phone with someone and you start hearing farts and flushes on the other end of the line?

itsame0987 18

57 no it doesn't bother me to hear flushes from the other side. When you gotta go you gotta go. Op why don't you try practicing eye contact in the mirror? Once your comfortable with that start practicing with people you are close to to, family and good friends.

If this is true, I feel really awkward for watching "staring contest" on YouTube.

Great, now I feel awkward for all those staring contest videos I watched.

TheElderTROLLZ 15

Can you word this better, please?

He has an issue with keeping eye contact. He realized this while he was on YouTube, and couldn't even hold eye contact with a singer in the video. Does this help?

TheElderTROLLZ 15

Glad to be of assistance. Now, others need me. Up up and AWAY!!!

Eye contact is really unnerving to make and really creepy to receive. Never understood what people liked so much about it. Screw these nonsensical "social conventions" and do what's comfortable. (downvote city here I come)

I dont like it either. I have a good excuse to look away though, I'm 150cm tall and everyone else is much taller. I either get a face of balls, belly button, boobs or shoulder. It hurts my neck to look them in the eye. Also I look past them to distract myself from it. And yes a face of boobs is bad as a straight girl :P

MonsterCommenter 4

^But, everybody can agree that boobs are great. No matter how big, small, floppy or round, everybody agrees that boobies are amazing.

Torva_fml 16

I can actually relate. My maths teacher always glares at me and refuses to look away because she knows I have eye contact problems, meh. Life is too short to force yourself to do things that make you uncomfortable.

Eye contact is very uncomfortable for me. When I was in middle school they had to teach me things like eye contact and reading facial expressions. I still don't make eye contact; I stare at people's noses so they think I'm making eye contact. I honestly don't even know my own eye color because it makes me uncomfortable to look myself in the eye in a mirror.

40- I believe those turn out to be moobs...

42- **** with your teacher one day. Meet her gaze, and stare her down then finish like a boss… well finish your math problem anyway.

I get this too actually, however it also causes me to have difficulty conversing, out of the fear of unintentionally offending someone or making them uncomfortable. OP probably has a form of a social anxiety disorder, which can be treated by a psychologist.

nah man i feel you, i cant even look pictures in the eye or myself in the mirror :)

I'd like to see you in a staring contest.

nofearjenshere 12

It's physically impossible. Trust me. I know. Only way OP could is with tremendous willpower.

Good for you, OP. That singer was trying to steal your memories. However, you looked away too late. Now she knows about the time you walked out of the public bathroom without wiping because there were no tissues. The singer told me. Haha! Mud butt.

Do you have a post-it on your webcam as well?

Yes, I'm afraid so. I tear it off every time I have to use the camera and stick a new one once I'm done. I use more post-its to cover my webcam than I do to write reminders. I'm beginning to think I might have issues...

25- issues? Nah. Just careful. Yay! I'm not the only one. Woohoo!

I'm going to start doing that. It's just creepy, like a little eye staring at you ALL THE TIME.

43 - That's exactly what it is! Don't listen to anyone who tells you otherwise.

A school in my area was using webcams to monitor their students at home (they were school issued laptops). It was a HUGE deal on the news a few years back.

TheBonzaiGirl 0

Webcam coverers unite! I'm sure some secret agency that no one knows about can creep on you with them, I keep my cam covered at all times, even at night in case you know... Night vision abilities. D:

wlddog 14

I'm looking at you now. BOO!!

I lol'd just because this comment is so stupid

Almighty_Chris97 6

YOLO. Thanks to that, I have the worst comment now.

And no comment here will be better than mine seeing that the parameter is self-assessment here.

olpally 32

Oh MrSassypants... You're hilarious! :D

I like pizza. Sorry, just had to break the chain. Carry on.