By Ya - 10/05/2009 14:18 - United States

Today, I missed my flight because I was stopped by airport security. They found "small, suspicious, spherical objects" in my purse on the X-ray. After pulling me out of line, taking my purse aside and carefully opening it with tongs, they removed the bag of grapes I had packed as a snack. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 265
You deserved it 11 619

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dino_witha_cape 0

yeah, if you bite into those things they could squirt someone's eye out

Jcsati8 0

If you pack baby carrots, will they think you are carrying ammo? Damn airport security!

Comments

fuckitsmandee 0

awh. next time don't pack the grapes and buy the food there.

haha, a similar thing happened to me once, when i was carrying a box of 12 golf balls, and they thought they were bombs... i get ur feeling. :)

You were stupid to pack grapes. There are signs like every 5 steps at airports, telling you not to bring any fresh food. You deserved it.

Jertastic 0

You see too many Grape bombs now-a-days.

YDI. Ur not supposed to bring food or liquids on a plane in the 1st place. Everybody knows that.

yeah i know there's a french version and that it was there first- i am french, i've been following it. Besides, they just took it off because people posted on there that he had copied this one so stop being a douche, number 86.

YDI for travelling with fruit. especially if this was an international flight.

Next time look up what you can bring past security before hand. YDI

lindzXcore 0

you deserved that, you're not supposed to have anything like that in your bag. similar thing happened to me, i was going through security and i forgot about body wash that was in my bag and it was more then 3 oz, so they took it away. BRAND new, 10 dollar one, too.

To all the people deriding the security personnel for being paranoid, they can't tell they're grapes just by looking at the x-ray. All they see are some ellipsoidal objects. So, they open up the purse to see what they are. Many of the above posters assume that security knew they were grapes before opening up the purse, which is a rather ridiculous assumption to make. Honestly, it's the JOB of security personnel to be paranoid. Even if they had a screening method that was 99% likely to correctly identify a terrorist or smuggler, the majority of people the method identified as possible terrorists or smugglers wouldn't be. Now, any methods they use are probably far less accurate than our hypothetical one, so by the rules of simple probability you'd expect that the majority of people stopped and searched are not, in fact, terrorists (read up on Bayes' Theorem sometime).