By Ya - 10/05/2009 14:18 - United States

Today, I missed my flight because I was stopped by airport security. They found "small, suspicious, spherical objects" in my purse on the X-ray. After pulling me out of line, taking my purse aside and carefully opening it with tongs, they removed the bag of grapes I had packed as a snack. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 265
You deserved it 11 619

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dino_witha_cape 0

yeah, if you bite into those things they could squirt someone's eye out

Jcsati8 0

If you pack baby carrots, will they think you are carrying ammo? Damn airport security!

Comments

You Guys are Idiots. You are allowed to have any Kind of food on a plane. you can even take it through security!!! you cannot take Liquid Unless its for baby fomula. I fly 6 times a year at least. I should know.

jen_kay 0

yeah, cause a grape is going to kill someine, Its gotten so crazy in the last few years.

ButterFly_16 0
suicidekings 0

why is everyone acting like the OP was taking the grapes on the plane? maybe s/he was going to eat them in the terminal while they waited to be boarded.

Haha this happened to me Thanksgiving 07. My aunt had put a block of cheese in my bag as a snack(wtf?) and as Im going through xray the guy looks at me looks at the bag and goes well Im pretty sure this is just gonna be cheese but I need to check anyways. Who knew cheese under xray looks like plastic explosives *facepalm*

YDI. I've had my bag checked so many times (sometimes inexplicably - I guess I pack too much and they can't see something, once because I was a moron and forgot to empty my water bottle), and every time I fly with my grandmother they pull us over and wand her because she's full of metal (plates in her back and screws in her hips and whatnot), and never once have I missed a flight. There's a reason they tell you to come so ridiculously early. The no outside food thing isn't true, though. Traveling outside of the country they might give you trouble for fresh produce, and I've never tried packing grapes so I can't comment on that, but I always bring snacks without issues.

haha that sucks, security is so tight. on one hand it makes you feel safe because if you cant get friggen grapes on the plane then it certainly will not be hijacked. but on the other hand its ridiculous just because they hassled you for grapes lol.

Man, I never knew we had so many lackeys for the TSA frequent this site. Even if the OP could've been more aware of the rules, that doesn't mean all of the new flight restrictions we have make any sense at all. Flying hasn't gotten any safer after all of these new rules, it's just served to piss everyone off. Blame the OP for relying on common sense.

Sugar_lipsXo 0

this is stupid. it doesn't take that long for them to check your purse. it's your own fault for not getting to the airport 2 hours ahead of your flight like you're supposed to. airport security has to be tight. americans don't be morons you know what's happened in the past... or do we need another horrible reminder?