By copenhagen20 - 05/03/2010 20:21 - United States

Today, I'm seven months into a twelve month deployment. I called my fiancée, and she dumped me. The worst part is that two days ago, I re-enlisted to go to a unit an hour away from her house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 233
You deserved it 2 500

Same thing different taste

Top comments

awww dude this sucks :( ive brothers in the military its not easy being away from loved one.. but if she couldnt wait a year for you she aint worth the rest of your years

Comments

awww dude this sucks :( ive brothers in the military its not easy being away from loved one.. but if she couldnt wait a year for you she aint worth the rest of your years

Get into the nearest tank and drive it through the middle of her house. If it's your house, then smash her car.

Some of my best friends are with Army Aviation, so I could pull a few strings for ya, OP... but AH-64Ds cost extra. Those Apaches don't exactly "vanish" as easily as a Chinook.

don't you hate when crusty sergeant says, "don't worry son, you'll get over it." ?

DJuan 0

fyl. ur away keepin her dirty ass safe and what does she give u in return?? the answer is the shaft. a big lubeless shaft. I hope she gets attacked by a whale

unknown_female 0

bleh that sucks....i would just make a prank call for a job offer on the other side of the world....heeeheeeheee

milf20 0

blueyes24... I think that if a man is deployed, it'd be best to stay faithful and let him know someone loves him and is waiting for him, not just up and leave.

blueeyes24 0

How is that good for anyone? She not happy but she waits until right when he gets back and ends it then? People break up daily. There is no evidence from what he told us at least that she cheated. I understand that he is serving our country and commend him for that but that doesn't make someone a bitch for ending a relationship they didn't want to be in. If she would have waited, everyone would be calling her a bitch for breaking up with a veteran. Maybe she should have waited till they were married and then we call her names for asking for a divorce?

blueeyes24 0

Yea it sucks for him... But all the bad names she is being called? Should he really want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with him? If she would have stayed it would have been much worse for him in the long run. I would much rather be alone then with someone who wasn't happy with me.

QueenPersephone 9

Agreed. I can see it both ways. However, him being deployed doesn't make this different from any other break up. I mean when exactly is the opportune moment to leave someone? Drink some water and walk it off OP you'll find someone new.

He explains why this is an FML in his last sentence. He got himself transferred so he could be close to her. He is leaving all his friends to be close to her and she dumped him right after it is too late to do anything about it. That's why I'm calling her a bitch

How is this at all a YDI? He's away risking his life to protect our freedom and she dumps him. That's bs is what that is.

And the American Empire. On the bright side, though, I was on both high school and college debate teams, so lemme just say Khalilzad '95: US Hegemony good. He ain't just fighting for America's freedom, he's fighting to prevent the rise of another global rival and preclude another global cold or hot war and all its attendant dangers, including nuclear war. (That's right, I memorized Khalilzad '95!)

as a veteran i must say, you must be high to think anybody is fighting for your freedom.

shes jodys girl now my friend... sucks ass dude but trust me will get better same happened to me on my second deployment my she was my girlfriend for 3 years and my fiancee for 1.5 and she left me for her **** motherfuck best friend...