By copenhagen20 - 05/03/2010 20:21 - United States

Today, I'm seven months into a twelve month deployment. I called my fiancée, and she dumped me. The worst part is that two days ago, I re-enlisted to go to a unit an hour away from her house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 233
You deserved it 2 500

Same thing different taste

Top comments

awww dude this sucks :( ive brothers in the military its not easy being away from loved one.. but if she couldnt wait a year for you she aint worth the rest of your years

Comments

the bitch did you a huge favor! be glad!

ramboman19 8

what a bitch! you don't deserve her and she doesn't deserve you! wow.

your only an hour away from the dude nailin your fiancé. fyl

My first fiance was deployed to Iraq in the first wave. He was gone for a better part of a year. I was only 18. I didn't even cheat on him. He came back and I broke up w/ him. He nearly broke my best friend's bedroom door. He came back as a complete ******* asshole. His PTSD was severe. I guess he's doing better. I see from his Facebook page that he met the president and got a purple heart. Dating or marrying a serviceman is risky business.

I have been a medic in combat. I have seen men lose the will to live from "dear john's". If her man was in the 2nd MARDIV, and it causes him to get injured, his "brothers" will get the bitch when they get home. I assume all units would be the same.

mcss87 2

yea, I don't see why men think there girl is going to be faithful after volunteering to go fight a war we don't belong in. she probably thought you were going to end up dead and started to plan for her own future. I would never date someone in the service!!!! that's what you get for signing back up for another deployment.

aliciaann29 0

well you shoud be glad he did volunteer for another deployment.... that way you can have the freedom to say nasty mean ignorant things to the people helping keep you free..... yeah hes dumb for volunteering cuz you know if he didn't maybe we could have a draft again and you and hopefully everyone in your family would get deployed :)

Yeah, because Afghanistan and Iraq were really impeding my rights as an American...oh, wait, no, they weren't. I support my troops, but I feel sorry for them because they're just pawns for a corrupt government power. In this case though, seriously, this girl didn't do anything but break up with her boyfriend. Happens every day but because he's in the military suddenly this girl is a bitch. Talk about a double standard. For all we know, the guy could be a total jackass, or maybe he was screwing around on her. Sucks to be him because it always sucks to be dumped, but hey, shit happens. Get over it, dude.

aliciaann29 0

so maybe she isn't dumb whatever but you still don't have to say he deserves if for deploying again that was my point

YDI. Come on. You should know better OP.

texas_justice 0

...thank you for your service to our country.

I assume there will be more women there too. so what I'd your geographically close to the bitch.