By Anonymous - 29/08/2009 00:59 - United States

Today, I left for college. I spent hundreds of dollars on clothes, bedding and other things. After packing my entire closet and everything else I needed, I left only to have to head back home. My dad forgot to pay the first semesters tuition. He said "Oh well, you would have failed out anyway." FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 755
You deserved it 3 889

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's... awful. You'll find a way to make it work, though, if you really want to.

thats just sad how your dad doesn't have faith in you lmfaoo

Comments

Hmm I graduated from university and I know for sure you are given a few weeks after you have started classes to pay tuition. You should have checked on your tuition bill which is connected to your student account. And if your dad just didn't want to pay, there is always financial aid!

It varies; tuition for my school is due two weeks before classes start. But I agree; OP definitely should have checked to make sure the tuition was paid.

Wicked_6 0

That rly rly sucks. Hang in there.

- your dad's either an idiot, or an asshole. - im surprised NOBODY involved noticed that you hadn't been payed for (usually there's some sort of indication sent from the school itself) - that college is pretty stupid itself... it's a good idea to take students in that haven't payed and collect interest on them. it's not like having an extra student in a class that already is happening is going to lose them ANY money whatsoever.

failed out? obviously your father did not attend college, I bet his father did the same.

mhinaj 0

what a bastard. what kind of father says that. slip arsenic in his toothpaste.