By CB - 19/11/2009 01:30 - New Zealand

Today, I have to go to the dentist to get a tooth capped. Why? Because my room mate knows I sleepwalk and thought it would be funny to put a trip wire across the top of the stairs. It worked. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 019
You deserved it 2 489

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wtf. You couldve gotten seriously hurt D:

Bahaha, maybe he'll saran wrap the door frame next time? Oh the vast amount of pranks that could be pulled!

Comments

lotusflower007 0

that's not funny at all, your roommate is a ******* asshole. I would make him pay the bill. Also I would consider getting another roommate, or moving out. What if you broke your arm? or yeah do something that could of killed you. What a lame jerk.

Trip wire or not you probably would have fallen down the stairs anyway.. Unless sleepwalkers are good at going down stairs, I don't know, never asked one (mostly cause I don't know one)

boatkicker 4

My mom used to sleep walk, back when she was a heavy drinker. She once got her keys, went down the stairs, unlocked and went out the front door, and started the car, before I got to her, and brought her back inside. After that I started stealing her car keys once she was asleep and not giving them back until morning. Sometimes while sleepwalking, she'd decided she was done and just lay down wherever she was. That's fine if she lays down in the middle of the kitchen. No way in hell was I going to let her go back to non-moving sleep while she was driving. I never did find a good way to keep her in the house though. Thank god she stopped drinking finally.

mama_mojo 0

sue that sonofabitch. you could have broken your neck...

Well, I'd probably be irate if I happened to be waking up because of it every night, but if it was just for the sake of being a prank, then it sucks to be you. Either way, he deserves a good ass-kicking for it. Of course and in turn, he's likely to kick your ass back for that too. Enjoy the spiral.

Chicostick 0

Well did you tell him you sleepwalk before you moved in together? My room mate sleepwalks all the time, and he never told me that he did. Having some zombie bust in and stare gazelessly at you four or more nights a week gets old pretty fast. Yeah it sucks that you chipped a tooth, but it was just a harmless prank that probably stemmed from the annoyance of being woken up by a zombie every night.

One error doesn't justify the other. He could have broken his NECK instead of his tooth, it was only by sheer luck that the harm was relatively little. Moreover, playing a "harmless prank" would hardly solve the sleepwalking problem, so grow up, you and his roommate.

LemonadePink 0

Yeah seriously, you'd probably would fall down the stairs at some point? Unless you are skilled at going down stairs while you are asleep. Hmm...like that chick in Paranormal Activity was. You've got a demon in you man, you have more problems than your tooth.

dooooood, you could have died. :[ what a roommate you have. fyl.

I'm calling bullshit. these "my roommate thought it would be funny" stories are repetitive as ****. I'll bet you tripped over a carpet.

My cousin tripped down her stairs three months ago and broke her neck in several places. She just got a vicious new scar down the back of her neck where the surgeons have installed some shiny new pins to hold her neck together for the rest of her life. She's lucky she's not paralyzed. Please show this comment to your criminally irresponsible roommate, because although this is a clear FYL, if you continue to live with such a moron, it will be a YDI if it happens again and you are not so lucky that time. Also, if you sleepwalk, live in a safer environment, dude. Seriously.

I agree with wordgirl. Punch your roommate in the face for trying to almost kill you.