By grrrrrr - 19/02/2010 06:18 - United States

Today, I grounded my daughter for putting play doh in the toaster. She's 17 and got into Columbia early admissions. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 612
You deserved it 5 052

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ClaireXX 0

I think that's like when people are really intelligent academically but lack some common sense...

.....Must resist the urge to put play doh in the toaster >.>

Comments

If your daughter's biggest issue is that she puts play-doh in the toaster, I think you're a pretty lucky parent.

I agree. There are WAY worse things a 17 year old girl could be doing. Also, I go to an Ivy League school but I'm the kind of person who would put Play-Doh in the toaster just to see what would happen. I'm kind of weird like that. Thanks for letting me know it's not a good idea.

letitbe56 0

@kbaker- Same. Or she was experimenting with some substances which made her think it would be an AWESOME idea.

youthink_fml 0

I agree. I know my older brother was doing all kinds of drugs and other things that really don't need to be mentioned when he was seventeen.

devilishD 0

your daughter is retarded. what school - Columbia school for special people? at least she got early admission. she'll be humpin the lamp next.

yottskry 0

Nope. Play-doh is the brand name. http://www.hasbro.com/playdoh/en_US/

That doesn't mean she's not going to put play doh in the toaster, obviously.

I for one welcome our evil toaster overlords and would just like them to know that I do butter well.

Hears playdoh sales have gone through the roof!!!

Just because they can take a test doesn't mean they know how to wipe their ass.

just because you can reply on FML doesn't mean you understand the English language. If you mean "their" and "they" as plural, "ass" should not be singular. People do not often share an ass. If you mean "their" and "they" as a person whose gender is unspecified, you still fail.

just because you're being a grammar Nazi doesn't mean you're any better.

Thank you! That was bothering me. I usually use the general "you" or "one" to avoid such confusion :)

You calling me a grammar nazi doesn't change the fact that you're a 20 year old guy who's dressed like a renfaire reject. :)

Floyd4Ever 0

Unless of course said test is about wiping one's ass...

If your daughter has been admitted to Columbia, she must have strange and mysterious reasons you can't possibly comprehend for putting play-doh in the toaster. You are stifling her creative genius. Or perhaps she doesn't like you.

monnanon 13

See this is what reading MLIA does to people all those young adults playing with lightsabres and thinking their teachers are the best one ever its not right i tell you lol, i wonder if your daughter posted her side of this there, well before you grounded her i mean.

Paulbrophyiii 0