By Taco Hell - 19/10/2012 06:43 - United States - Avon Lake

Today, I got threatened to get dragged out of the window at work because I wouldn't sell someone hot wings. I work at Taco Bell. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 047
You deserved it 1 951

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The customer was either -Stoned -Drunk -Depraved of common sense

Don't people know, NEVER mess with the ones that make your food??

Comments

The customer was either -Stoned -Drunk -Depraved of common sense

Regardless, the customer wasn't right in this situation.

lexi365 20

Is "All of the Above" an option?

I think you mean *Deprived, as in: 1 has been deprived of a good English class.

You just listed, all my Best qualities!!!

BellaBelle_fml 23

ManInTheMachine; It is actually depraved. Meaning morally corrupt, deviating from what is ethical and good, or lacking integrity. Plus, why would she list deprived as an option for a possible reason why the customer threatened the OP? What exactly were they deprived of to cause their actions? Perhaps it is you who is deprived of a good English class?

BellaBelle: With all due respect, none of the definitions you mentioned fit correctly into the sentence #1 used. Example: -(Morally corrupt) of common sense -(Lacking integrity) of common sense -(Deviating from what is ethical or good) common sense Do you see where I'm going? I would agree, but none of those work. In my opinion, deprived would have still been the appropriate word to use, as it actually makes sense in that context.

BellaBelle_fml 23

It's ok if you can't understand how depraved fits in the context. Have a nice day :)

A person can't be morally corrupt of common sense.

unknown_user5566 26

BellaBelle- Depraved might work if #1 listed that as a reason by itself. However, they stated "depraved of common sense"; because they said "of common sense", I believe MITM is correct in stating "deprived" is the correct word.

kyleekay: Exactly. On it's own it would make sense, but it doesn't in that context. BellaBelle: It's not that I can't understand, it's that it DOESN'T WORK. Besides, I was joking. It was obviously either a typo or autocorrect (no sarcasm intended), as the rest of their grammar is fine.

I know I'm gonna get thumbed down for this, but do you people realize how much you argue over something as stupid as a minor grammar mistake? If someone uses the wrong form of a word then they're suddenly brain dead morons with no education. I wouldn't be posting this comment if this wasn't the case for almost every single FML. Honestly, unless they're absolutely killing the English language, who gives a shit? Don't try to act superior over someone you don't know at all.

CaptainDoorknob 7

I agree with 65, as long as someone owns up to their mistakes. You can't learn from mistakes if you're hardheaded and refuse to realize you're wrong.

Leave it to FML users to start a whole thread; referring to a grammatically incorrect comment.

spekledworf 18

Possibly... I had a drunk customer threaten to "jump over the counter and beat the shit" out of me when I told him how much his candy bar cost at the theater I work at.

I'm actually quite good at English. I'm sorry I misspelled a word on a tiny phone keyboard with autocorrect. You may all proceed with life now.

#65 - It's a typo, not a grammatical error. :D

83-I already said I was joking and that it was obviously a mistake, as the rest of your grammar is fine.

SailorSolaris 43

I'm voting on all 3. Especially #3.

Don't people know, NEVER mess with the ones that make your food??

It's an FML because OP works at Taco Bell xD

tjolivas 9

The customer's always right! Where are their hot wings??

Kn0wledge123 21

No. 90% of the time the customer is either a asshole or a dumbass.

Who ever made up the saying "the customer is always right" has probably never been behind the counter.

I work at a retail store. I have a very few customers that actually understand where I come from and they talk to me like a human being. The other 90% as stated up are ******* ignorant assholes.

Does that particular location share a building with another fast food joint like Pizza Hut? If so, that might explain why he thought you sold them. But he's still an idiot for not realizing that.

You can get Wings at my local Taco Bell, as it is also a Pizza Hut. I think most all of them around the Seattle area are like that... Not the one in Ohio though, it seems.

erikabt820 2

Actually, my Taco Bell is also a KFC and we have hot wings there! Not totally impossible scenario!

I'm at the Pizza Hut! I'm at the Taco Bell! I'm at the combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell!I'm at the Pizza Hut! I'm at the Taco Bell! I'm at the combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell!I'm at the Pizza Hut! I'm at the Taco Bell! I'm at the combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell! Lol love that song

foxholeathiest 4

Wings and Taco Bell seems like a bad idea

Taco Bell... Isn't that the Mexican Phone Company?

Seems like he's going for super diarrhea.

You should have just given him a box full of something and told the person they were wings.

Just throw some taco bell sauce in his/her eyes and run.

BellaBelle_fml 23

I can see it now, Taco Bells all across the nation arming their employees with squirt guns filled with Fire Sauce!

Mr25_fml 14

Yeah, it sucks whe you work at Taco Bell and they *puts on glasses* get jalapeno business. YYYEEEAAAHHH!!!

FATTY_MCDOOGLE 29

Everywhere should sell hot wings! Was he foreign? Where I'm from we don't have taco bell's so I wouldn't know if they sold hot wings or not.

karen1991 15

Well I guess you had to wing it then.