By gangstalicious - 08/05/2009 21:07 - United States

Today, I got the cell phone bill for my family and saw that my son had gone over his limit by around 1,000 messages. Curious to see what he was talking about that much, I read the messages. Apparently, my 15 year old son is having it off more than me and my wife. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 294
You deserved it 13 561

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pancakes_n_syrup 0

Wow, way to be a nosy parent

@299 I'm 15 too. Heres a few thoughts, 1.) learn to spell. 2.) cursing every other word doesnt make you cool, and it certainly doesnt give you that mature-beyond-my-age impression you were going for. 3.) Nobody wants to hear about your dumb religious beliefs. Nothings going to happen if someone has sex before their married. as long as he has safe sex he's fine 4.) Your advocating for invasion of privacy just makes you seem like that asshole snitch that nobody likes, who believes everything their parents tell them and take on all their values without questioning anything. So, somehow i doubt that your a better parent than half the parents out there. And i doubt you'll ever be, because chances are your never getting laid.

Comments

shirvon100 0

that probably made you feel imasculine, but you should probably have a talk with him about condoms. not even one about sex, because the schools do that just kinda make sure he's using protection. trust me as a 14 year old the sex talk is hust awkward for me it is for you to

******* troll. No adult parent who isn't having sex has a username like "gangstalicious"

It's definately a FYL if someone gets pregnant because of it. Then, your life would really be f*cked.

@#91. You are pathetic. Say no even when it makes all the sense in the world to say yes? I think I just figured out the reason this world is so screwed up, and makes no progress. So based on this, you should be an absolute asshole to your kids, in order to get off on a powertrip based on your authority over them. Get a life. There is no justifying that. You're not a parent, you're a pathetic excuse at a human being. @OP. Well, depending on how you reacted, this could be an FYL, or a YDI. First off... what did you expect to find? Happy normal conversation? He's 1000 over without a job. Yeah. Secondly, I really hope you didn't just openly confront him and punish him for this. Not only will that make him never trust you with anything again, I wouldn't be surprised if you lost all connection with said son. If you were careful, and just hinted at him that you knew, and then had "the talk" and suggested some things for him, way to go; you're the type of dad I wish I had growing up. So yeah, I didn't FYL or YDI it. I'm tired, hope that comment made sense.

Um, it's kind of the parents business if the kids doing something that could possibly make them have to help take care of another kid, dumba**es.

Oh, and an addendum to my comment above (#115): Those of you going on about his right to privacy have something wrong. He's a minor. He has no "right to privacy". Unless the parents want him to grow up to be a paranoid psycho, they'd better give him some, but he has no right to privacy. Their house, their rules, their choice. Sorry. That's how it works. If you're gonna do something you REALLY don't want the parents to find out about, be better at hiding it.

marleewarlee 0

Look, dude, you're overreacting, totally. I'm fourteen, almost fifteen, and I say shit all the time. However, I explain to every boyfriend and girlfriend (gay pride, and soo not a fauxmosexual) that if they wanna have sex with me, they can marry me in ten years or so. But, I'm a teenager. Crazy hormones right now. We need something.. I hate it when parents freak over this, because you guys don't get our generation. Everyone thinks we're all loser pothead ******. It's not true, even if I do tell people that I feel drunk off my ass or tell them sexual stuff. It's not as terrifying as everyone seems to think it is, it's really just flirting, which we do in person, too, but you're not wiring us up. So, be concerned, but don't go through your son's messages. You'll just make him resent you.

YDI. I know it's your son and everything, but if you go through his personal messages you're bound to probably not like what you find out. He's bound to talk about it anyways, whether it be with a group of friends or over the phone. Why not talk to him and tell him you're considering getting some printouts of his texts, that would keep him on his toes and leave discussions like that off your phone bill. No privacy invasion involved assuming you wouldn't already have done it, but he'd deff be a bit speechless :P Problem solved.

marleewarlee 0

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that his username was "gangstalicious."