By DarkMaskDiva - 16/06/2011 00:24 - United States

Today, I found out the medications my doctor gave me for depression are making me fat. My main reason for depression is an eating disorder. Now, I'm fat instead of just thinking I am. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 124
You deserved it 6 115

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dudeitsdanny 9

Yeah, but jolly fat people are better than sad fat people! Seriously, though, go to a specialist on eating disorders. You're aware you have one, aware you need help.. Now get the help, if you can afford it. Otherwise, talk to your doctor. There's different meds you can try, and differrnt methods. Exercise can help your depression, and it MIGHT help your self-image.

Comments

yeah I think this FML was made up... nice try Op

CH1CKEN_FL1PPEN 4

well if you didn't think you were fat in the 1st place this wouldn't have happened, would it?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
HelloNoora1 0

try heroin! I heard it works pretty well...

Agiggleaday 0

Just because heroin works for you doesn't mean you should recommend a drug.

ReynshineCutting 10

74- How the **** does someone deserve it for having low self esteem? Seriously. Good Lord you're an idiot.

cockseverywhere 2

#74 an eating disorder is more than just "low self esteem"

sum ppl into dat BBW dun wory u still get da D

MeBeYourFriend 0

Yeah! What she said^^. If your getting fat off your medicine just stop taking it! Unless your eating disorder applies for popping pills!

MeBeYourFriend 0

god damnit my comment went to the bottom! it was suppose to be right under yours!! now the ^^ arrows are pointing to some other weird kid

or maybe now that you aren't depressed about thinking you're fat you've been eating normally and put on some weight.

Wait guys if OP always thinks they are fat than I'm pretty sure it's the disorder speaking

Switch pills? There's plenty to choose from.

Also, it should be "is" making you fat. Not are.

kingtz 6

Well I heard that a cocktail of DNA, fructose and basic amines is great for your diet. It apparently is also a great cure for facial acne.

dudeitsdanny 9

"Medications" is plural. It's "are". Learn proper grammar before correcting someone else's.

but are the pills REALLY making her fat? maybe they're just not working...

It was singular when I posted that. Ever heard of mod editing? Dumbass.

dudeitsdanny 9

They would have changed the verb, not the noun, since changing the noun changes the FML. It was plural when I read it, before you posted that. Nice try. Your "insult" just shows your anger, possibly due to being mistaken. Play again tomorrow.

Are you a mod? Do you edit them? Nah. Didn't think so. I'm not stupid, if it had originally been plural I'd have not brought it up. And why does everyone think that when you reply as bitchy as they did to you, you're mad? xD Just kind of irked you think you corrected me.

Damn.... just damn. Thats a win. i say +30.

Granted, I admit your statement makes sense now but I assure you I posted when I was correct~

Butthurt mods deleted my defense. oh well.

Well now, it seems my iPod just loaded incorrectly. 8l That's embarrassing. /rambleramble

Interesting... the the medications really work though, instead of being appropriately sized and depressed you now ought to be overweight but happy. Isn't that ok? I mean, maybe thinking you're overweight s depressing ... and maybe you now have a reason for it... but the meds ought to be counteracting that no?

I'm sorry OP... tell your doctor how you feel... he/she could maybe change your medication...

emmanizzer 6

Agreed. There are so many meds on the market today that it's highly likely your doc could prescibe you a different one. Maybe then you'll start losing weight, notice it, and you will no longer need to even take anti-depressants! :)

Ask your doctor for a different kind of medication. There are loads of ADs that don't affect your weight.

dudeitsdanny 9

Yeah, but jolly fat people are better than sad fat people! Seriously, though, go to a specialist on eating disorders. You're aware you have one, aware you need help.. Now get the help, if you can afford it. Otherwise, talk to your doctor. There's different meds you can try, and differrnt methods. Exercise can help your depression, and it MIGHT help your self-image.

Obviously you don't know much about eating disorders, it's a mental illness simply exercising wont help her self image. I've had bulimia/anorexia for almost 5 years and I exercise 4-5 days a week, trust me it doesn't help if anything it fuels the obsessive thoughts

dillies 3

hey look at the bright side, you got more cushion for the pushing.

lulututu 4
cockseverywhere 2

there is no "bright side" to their situation. an eating disorder is a SERIOUS problem and unless you've had one you don't know what it's like.

dillies 3

121-i have had a eating disorder for overy 10 years...so i do know what it feels like. fyi the only thing that helps it is looking on the brighter side of things and having a good laugh once in awhile.

No one should joke about eating disorders. The person with one already has an altered view on what a healthy body should look like, and these disorders can lead to huge psychological stress, and can potentially lead to death. No one needs to feel like they are not good enough, and its easy to push someone over the edge when they are in such a fragile psychological state. Please don't make jokes about this.

XXizzlerXX 0

that's a shitty situation X-) .. oops wrong reply

susie_spiff 0

That's right, sew yourself a nice new cottony doctor.

Lizza330 28

I don't think making him a blanket will help.

Y'all are douche bags he/she just misspelled something

Maybe you should sew yourself a nice, warm sense of humour.

dancer050 0

if you always think you are fat are you really fat or do you just think you are?