By DarkMaskDiva - 16/06/2011 00:24 - United States

Today, I found out the medications my doctor gave me for depression are making me fat. My main reason for depression is an eating disorder. Now, I'm fat instead of just thinking I am. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 124
You deserved it 6 115

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dudeitsdanny 9

Yeah, but jolly fat people are better than sad fat people! Seriously, though, go to a specialist on eating disorders. You're aware you have one, aware you need help.. Now get the help, if you can afford it. Otherwise, talk to your doctor. There's different meds you can try, and differrnt methods. Exercise can help your depression, and it MIGHT help your self-image.

Comments

Depression sucks, the eating disorder is also a downfall but don't worry, were all rooting for you! Good luck! I know how hard depression is. Just remember that you're beautiful on the inside, and I bet you're beautiful on the outside too! You've got my loving support OP, always!

lindseyluvszac 4

Well dummy if you noticed that you gained a significant amount of weight then you should have told your doctor. Everyone is different so there are a variety drugs out there, so you have a choice. Research more.

i used to also suffer from an eating disorder. and it was the saddest and most depressing period of my life freaking out every time i had one single calorie. when i realised how much i has hurting my family and friends, i made changes for the better and its the best thing i did. im now a PT and in the best shape ive been in years, and most importantly, i am healthy. bones and starvation are not healthy and things will only get worse so please get some help asap :) if youve only just started the meds, then chances are that you are not actually fat, just bigger than what youre used to and happy with. its really sad to see people go through this, life is too precious to worry about every calorie that enters your body.

Try another medication, honestly, some suit certain people and some don't. Keeping trying, OP. It does get better.

bitchslapped22 14

At least you know your fat now

39 - what is your picture? I cant make it out. :-/

medicine doesn't make you fat. it might increase your appetite but it doesn't actually make you eat...

emmanizzer 6

No they can slow down your metabolism because they mess with your thyroid gland leading to weight gain. And yes they can also increase appetite which just makes the situation worse.

im a recovering anorexsic and thats fuken bullshit if u were anoxersic the second u gained a few grams u would never have those pills again, if u r a true ano then u would suck it up and try to forget about the depression! we think of our weight as the most important thing!

cimh 9

I used to have eating disorders as well.... and you most likely will never get rid of ..at least not 100% ! Do not listen to any of those comments above telling you that it is your fault! Ask your doc to change the medicine if possible but most of all try to gain self confidence somehow to get rid of the eating disorders! It's hard work - I know - but you can handle it. I am sure!

You could try fish oil, it's a natural anti-depressant with omega-3 to get rid of fat