By DarkMaskDiva - 16/06/2011 00:24 - United States

Today, I found out the medications my doctor gave me for depression are making me fat. My main reason for depression is an eating disorder. Now, I'm fat instead of just thinking I am. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 124
You deserved it 6 115

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dudeitsdanny 9

Yeah, but jolly fat people are better than sad fat people! Seriously, though, go to a specialist on eating disorders. You're aware you have one, aware you need help.. Now get the help, if you can afford it. Otherwise, talk to your doctor. There's different meds you can try, and differrnt methods. Exercise can help your depression, and it MIGHT help your self-image.

Comments

You could lose some weight? I think that would be a great solution

Next time don't rely on meds to "cure" you...some people's children

OzzyMoo 0

The pill itself doesn't have calories, just pointing that out.

It's a side effect. Like a bunch of other type of medications. Your ignorance is another persons pain.

the same EXACT thing happened to me and my dr was an ED specialist, and no I didnt need to gain weight at that point. just got more depressed and had to starve the weight off. get off the med!

Krennicus 0
shaniecerb 0

is someone gonna start talkn about skinny ppl?im ready to defend myself

One doctor put me on Wellbutrin even though I had bulimia. I could have had a seizure if I purged while taking it. I told the doctor, who checked and realized her mistake. She put me on Zoloft and it didn't work that well, I did a suicide attempt so a psychiatrist put me on a higher dose. I stopped taking it some months after since I was crying everyday and I was putting on weight because of the stress. Even by stopping my meds, I wasn't able to lose the weight since I was still over stressed. Now, I'm on Effexor and I feel much more relaxed and I started back my eating disorder treatment. The weight is going off slowly and I'm eating better, I'm working out 3-4 times every week for a reasonable time and I have a stable job. You have to talk with your doctor about this and to actually help yourself.

yeah because medication alone can make you fat...