By DarkMaskDiva - 16/06/2011 00:24 - United States

Today, I found out the medications my doctor gave me for depression are making me fat. My main reason for depression is an eating disorder. Now, I'm fat instead of just thinking I am. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 124
You deserved it 6 115

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dudeitsdanny 9

Yeah, but jolly fat people are better than sad fat people! Seriously, though, go to a specialist on eating disorders. You're aware you have one, aware you need help.. Now get the help, if you can afford it. Otherwise, talk to your doctor. There's different meds you can try, and differrnt methods. Exercise can help your depression, and it MIGHT help your self-image.

Comments

rockon10 3

or mate you're not really fat and you just THINK you are because of the way you look at yourself. you're probably beautiful and have nothing to worry about.

are you sure thats not the eating disorder talking?

VeilOfVelvet 0

Gonna have to agree with #116. You're probably at a HEALTHY weight right now.

At least you don't have an eating disorder anymore.

Just because OP gained weight doesn't mean that she doesn't have an eating disorder anymore.

MellisaTatum 6

I'm sorry OP, that happened when I had to take the Prednizone for my knee. Gained a bunch of weight. However, fat or skinny you are beautiful in your own way.(:

it's simple switch meds some make you lose weight so off set it by eating more. or you could stay on the same pills and eat in portions, eat not to be hungry kinda thing. If you eat half of what you would normally eat theirs nothing to make you gain weight. unless your body is in starvation mode try eating more. sounds weird but your body will gain weight from eating anything because it will store everything so if you eat more you will lose weight because your body will shed all of the extra. but that only works if you exercise a lot so the extra will get energy will get burned and not stored. theirs a lot that goes into cutting weight and if you do it right you could lose pounds in a week even a day. their were some wrestling practices where I'd lose 7 pounds in 2-3 hours mostly water weight but you also burn fat to. be careful with your hydration level don't dehydrated. and for all the girls that think skipping breakfast helps to lose weight, it doesn't. breakfast is the best meal to eat because you have all day to burn off the food you ate and it also starts your metabolism witch will help get rid of fat. and breakfast is the best time to eat junk food to. because you have all day to use the calories. and after 8:00 snacks are bad because the energy from will get stored.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

are you sure theyre making you fat? it could just be all the stress your putting on yourself while your taking the pills... which makes it seem like it's the pills fault when it's really not