By Anonymous - 28/03/2009 20:19 - United States

Today, I found my concert tickets that I've been trying to find for the last 2 weeks in my mom's closet. When I asked why she had them, she said she felt the concert was inappropriate for me so she hid them. I'm 20. FML
I agree, your life sucks 75 294
You deserved it 6 641

Same thing different taste

Top comments

evanwilliams 4

Stop living with your mom if you're so grown up you big ass.

Comments

Is it normal to move out by 20 in America then, because it's not in the UK, college and 'economy' or not. Also, I wonder why they editted the part about the concert being yesterday and costing $300...hmm

@53, many move away from home when they go to college. They might come home for the summer, but that's about it.

uhm, why would people say this person needs to move out when they're only 20 years old? it's not that unusual to still live with your parents when you are only 20 years old. You're still in your first stages of university/college then. Costs a hell of a lot less than paying for an apartment or dorm. Jesus. It's not like we all need to separate ourselves from our parents when we turn 18.

53 - no its pretty normal for normal bits to move out at an early age, only the kids with rich parents stay at home and freeload while they get their education (paid by their parents ofc). This is why the UK is so ****** up. id rather be anywhere else than here, the rich kids get everything, the poor kids get turned into chavs, and the real hardworking people get **** ALL! maybe ive had one too many...

#56 - Here, it's not the rich kids who stay at home and "freeload" while they get their education. For example, my education and my brothers education are being completely paid for by ourselves, with no help from our parents whatsoever. They offer us a roof over our head so we don't have to waste unnecessary money on an apartment. We are by no means "freeloaders". We are actually the ones with less money.

#11, I agree with you and #7 seems like a jerkhole whose just mad at the world

Everyone says "move out" but I'm pretty sure a good chunk of you will still live at home at 20. It's hilarious how people say move out and laugh just because it's what they think is right- when in reality, most people stay at home until around 25, and they're BETTER OFF FOR IT.

57 - most people with rich families get it easier....they get cars bought for them because its "easier to travel" , they get education paid if they cant land a simple job, and they get free accommodation..what about the people that do not have this kind of privilege, the ones that have the mental ability but have no financial backing? this is why its all ****** up..the rich kids with money find it easier to get jobs etc becuase of the things that are open to them...i cant really explain, it dosnt sound like your the type in question but you have to admit the sheer number of people thinking they can just mooch.

Actually #56 I'm a 'poor kid' (well 19 now) from the UK, I worked hard and now I'm at uni doing my degree and living out.