By Anonymous - 28/03/2009 20:19 - United States

Today, I found my concert tickets that I've been trying to find for the last 2 weeks in my mom's closet. When I asked why she had them, she said she felt the concert was inappropriate for me so she hid them. I'm 20. FML
I agree, your life sucks 75 294
You deserved it 6 641

Same thing different taste

Top comments

evanwilliams 4

Stop living with your mom if you're so grown up you big ass.

Comments

gleidu77 0

i think that staying home in your early 20's and using your money to get a higher education is a far better choice than going straight from high school to a crappy low-paying full-time job just so you can live on your own. just saying. because let's be serious, nobody has money for both unless they're receiving some sort of financial help from their parents. not in this economy.

115: did you think that way when you lived in your parents' house? I suppose, when it comes down to it, they have the right to keep a younger kid away from a concert (though at 20 it becomes iffy.) Even in that case, though, hiding the tickets without telling why is a cowardly, dishonest way to do it and avoid blame. If you're going to set rules for your kids, the least you can do is tell them the rules and deal with their response.

#116: I have to say that #115 is right. If he's going to live with his mom, he should have to follow her rules.

YDI just for the sole fact that you went in your MOTHER'S CLOSET

So bitchy of your mother!! I'm curious as to what concert it was...

eppie 0

make her buy em if you missed it and move the **** OUT!!!!!!!!!

relax. the OP is only 20. he/she could be living at home instead of paying a shitload for dorms or apartments by college, or could just be visiting from college. or just trying to make a little money so that when he/she does move out, they can afford it. And especially with the economy the way it is, moving out wouldn't be the best idea. If they around 25, you can start criticizing.

It dosen't matter whether you're 16 or 60, this is THEFT! In this case, it's probably possible to pursue legal options, like suing and pressing charges for larceny. I'm tired of parents who refuse to accept their children as people with rights, and those who will let them do so.

lol i would mention wat religious group prolly her mom is from, but i run the risk of being deleted by the mods (apparantly ur not allowed to say anything anti-Xian, my comments got deleted b4)